New ESV Study Bible Sample - Intro Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. If each book has 10 pages of "Introductory material" that's 660 pages with out the text of Scripture. With the many notes on the text, and the potential for maps and time lines and such for all the books of Scripture, this seems like a massive study bible.

I'll be interested to see what it looks like when they release it, but right now I'm imagining a study bible that will require a "pallet jack" to haul it around. :p

Nice to see it is "enviro-friendly"... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Paper—Printed on high-opacity, high-quality French Bible paper from Papeteries Du Luman (PDL); this is widely considered the finest paper in the world and is certified by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC), having been made from forests that are managed to preserve and sustain forestlands.

Have any of you checked out the ESV Literary Study Bible? It looks very nice. I think this bible is Crossway's response to the Zondervan Archaeological Study Bible. Both are nice and I own a few of the ZARSBs (I used to work for Zondervan), but I prefer the ESV over the NIV.

Check this bible out: ESV Literary Study Bible: Official Website

SORRY, off topic: anyone know an archeological bible NOT in the NIV? That Zondervan one looks good, but I prefer ESV or KJV over NIV to such an extent that I would not pay that sort of money for it.

SORRY, off topic: anyone know an archeological bible NOT in the NIV? That Zondervan one looks good, but I prefer ESV or KJV over NIV to such an extent that I would not pay that sort of money for it.

The ESV Study Bible and the Literary Study Bible are both similar to the ZASB and of course they are both in the ESV. I use my ZASB more for the archaeological and cultural footnotes and study sections then the NIV. It is has great value as a reference then reading it for text.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back