New title by Jonathan Edwards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Kistler

Puritan Board Sophomore
I am pleased to announce The Northampton Press, and our first title: "Sermons on the Lord's Supper" by Jonathan Edwards. This book contains 15 sermons, 9 of which deal with the Lord's Supper. Only 2 of these sermons have been published anywhere else before.

For more information, go to www.northamptonpress.org. We are offering a special pre-publication price on this book until September 15th, 2007.

Thanks!

Don Kistler

I confess I do a double take when I see a thread title like this one: (How is he publishing from heaven?)

Good to see you back in the fray, good Dr. Kistler. May the Lord bless your efforts to bring these important works to availability!

Thanks for all the good wishes, men. Let's pray that the Lord blesses this work enough that we can continue it for years to come, if that is His will.

Don Kistler

Just a reminder, the pre-publication special on the new Jonathan Edwards title is only good for two more weeks!

For those of you who ordered the new Jonathan Edwards title "Sermons on the Lord's Supper," the book was delivered today to me. Your copies will be in the mail tomorrow.

Thank you.

Yippeeee! I got home to a small package on my doorstep today... and 'twas "Sermons on the Lord's Supper"!

Thanks, Don for your continued service to the church. The volume looks WONDERFUL - beautiful binding and a masterful collection of sermons. I can't wait to get into it...

Got mine today too. Thanks! The book looks great and the content is even better than that!

Today, October 5, is Edwards' 304th birthday!

birthday.gif
:edwards:
birthday.gif

Got my copy today - looks great! I look forward to reading it. Thanks, Dr. Kistler! :pilgrim::up:

Got mine yesterday. Already diving into it. Here's one beautiful excerpt from the sermon entitled "Christians Have Communion With Christ":

"How great then is the privilege and happiness of believers, that they should be partakers with so great and glorious a Person in Good things, that they should be partakers with Him in the rewards of His righteousness, that they should have communion with Him in His relation to the Father. How glorious a relation is that, to be the Son of God! And it is celebarted in Scripture. 1 John 3:1 "Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed on us. .............

How wonderful is the grace of God to man, who is but a worm, that He should advance him to such dignity and blessedness, that they should be brought thus near to God. And how great a privilege is it to have society with Christ, to have Him for a Friend and a Companion; to meet with Him in our secret retriement; to have His gacious communication and the manifestations of Himself and His love, and of His accepting our love; to have Him coming to us, spritually encouraging and comfroting us, and confirming our hope in the promises, much more to enjoy His company forever in glory!".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back