Number of Posts or Number of Edifying Posts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe we should look at the ratio of Total Posts to Thanked Posts. For example, Lane has been thanked in 345 of his 1389 posts, for a percentage of 24.8% - very good compared to most people on here. So 1 in 4 of Lane's posts is thanked by at least one person, which is probably about as good as it gets. Going back to the OP, if we strive edifying comments, looking at the percentage of our posts that are thanked can serve as a guide to how we're doing in this regard....

So that means I have been thanked for about 15% of my posts. Respectable.

This may or may not be edifying, but this has to be one of the strangest threads I've read on the PB in a while. The flow of it seems to be going in 25 different directions.

I feel like the judge of the contest at the end of Billy Madison after having read this thread. :eek:

It doesn't seem strange to me at all that the thread has gone in so many different directions. After all, that's exactly what happens on my blog every time! ;):p

Pastor Keister,

Judging by reaction to post #1, it seems you did in fact post here to increase your total number of thanked posts! :)

(and they are well deserved, I might add)

Let's remember the warning Lane gave in his initial post. If we start to quantify our edificational stats in anything other than a lighthearted way, instead of seeking to be edifying to one another in all our (serious) posts, then we are surely headed directly towards vanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back