Just a little info from someone who lives within 2 hours of Disney, and visits quite often: When you speak of "Disney World" you are talking about a "city" (Reedy Creek Improvement District) that is almost twice the size of Manhattan.
And when the Coronado Springs Hotel is described as being located in the "Animal Kingdom® Park area." that means it's
near the Animal Kingdom park, NOT inside of the park. CSH is one of the more moderately priced resorts in WDW and because it's near Animal Kingdom, it's also in one of the more natural and unique settings in WDW, if not all of Orlando.
In Orlando (technically Kissimmee) you also have the Gaylord Palms (HUGE, nice hotel from the Opryland Hotel folks) If all things were equal (price, amenities, etc) I'd much rather be at the Coronado Springs Hotel. It's relatively quiet and the least commercial area of WDW.
Just my

worth.
Hang in there PCA folks, I don't think it's nearly as bad as it seems.
(I thought I had trust issues with my Synod / GA level leadership's decisions.

)