PK coming to St. Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

heartoflesh

Puritan Board Junior
Promise Keepers is coming to my town Sept. 9-10. Only $89 for registration. Yowza!!

I went to PK back in 1995 when it came to the Metrodome-- nearly packed the place too. I thought they were a little bit overboard about following "their program". It had been a long two days and I could tell my dad was getting bored and antsy, and the PK attitude was kind of like "if you leave now and don't stay until the very end you're a complete loser". We left anyway.

L
:)

Back then PK was the big, big thing at church, as I recall. I don't think I've heard a peep about it at my church today.

Anyway, I don't think I'll be going.

L
:banana:

Originally posted by Rick Larson
Promise Keepers is coming to my town Sept. 9-10. Only $89 for registration. Yowza!!

I went to PK back in 1995 when it came to the Metrodome-- nearly packed the place too. I thought they were a little bit overboard about following "their program". It had been a long two days and I could tell my dad was getting bored and antsy, and the PK attitude was kind of like "if you leave now and don't stay until the very end you're a complete loser". We left anyway.

L
:)

Back then PK was the big, big thing at church, as I recall. I don't think I've heard a peep about it at my church today.

Anyway, I don't think I'll be going.

L

:banana:

I am sure that the Lord used it for the strengthening of some marriages and the santification and conviction of hearts, but I still feel compelled to join you in the LOSER's circle brother.

One of the problems I have with it is that it is another parachurch organization. And remembering that our sanctification is Christ and gospel centered, I wonder how such an organization would encourage men to love their wives more. I say this because evangelicals tend to mix up law and gospel and grace is more something one cooperates with than a gift.

I am more interested in helping the men here (in my congregation) to be better husbands and fathers within the context of our confessional structures and God-ordained ecclesiastical accountability. Why would I want to send or encourage them to go somewhere where they would hear questionable theology and advice that I should be imparting to them myself?

[Edited on 8-9-2005 by poimen]

Yeah but singing the old hymns is so cool with a few thousand other brothers in the faith. When I went they still sang hymns. They probably have stopped doing that now. It would be cool to sing the Psalter with a few thousand men.

Oh yeah, and it was free when I went.

[Edited on 8-9-2005 by puritancovenanter]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back