Polyamorous Relationships

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw this today: BBC News - How does a polyamorous relationship between four people work? and all I can say is that it is amazing the way we can put a positive spin on our sin. Things that would have been unmentionable a few decades ago are now simply given a new name and anyone who opposes it is a bigot. Hard times ahead.

'so, you all cheat on each other'

The response of peers might suggest that opposition reflects some kind of societal norm. Journalists will sometimes aim to challenge cultural sensibilities; they do not provide the voice of consensus.

What's to stop a polyamorous group from getting married? Is there any reason the state of CA, for example, would want to limit the definition of marriage to only two people?

Saw this today: BBC News - How does a polyamorous relationship between four people work? and all I can say is that it is amazing the way we can put a positive spin on our sin. Things that would have been unmentionable a few decades ago are now simply given a new name and anyone who opposes it is a bigot. Hard times ahead.

'so, you all cheat on each other'

The response of peers might suggest that opposition reflects some kind of societal norm. Journalists will sometimes aim to challenge cultural sensibilities; they do not provide the voice of consensus.

I agree that this is (thankfully) not the majority opinion. But based on the rapid about-face which Western culture has experienced with homosexuality I wouldn't be surprised if polygamy was mainstream in 10-20 years.

Some group, I think it's the Unitarians, already see it as an adult's "right" to pursue this kind of relationship.

Well that is appropriate since Man , male and female, made in God's Image finds his archetype in the unity and plurality of the Godhead.

Once the Trinity is denied, the ultimate archetype of the proper familial order has been denied, and anything goes, as long as the proper order/ectype isn't insisted upon as normative, for that would be a testimony to the God of Scripture.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk 2

Yes, now that homosexuality has triumphed and been forced down our throats, the next pushes are already on: polyamory, and the decriminalization of sex between teachers and students.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back