I have been in touch with the kind gentleman who has made the titles below available for possible reprint by Tentmaker Publications. Phil Roberts at Tentmaker is soliciting feedback as to the level of interest in these works. If you are interested, please let him know:
Possible publications for 2008
In addition to The Gospel Revealed to Job by Hulbert (due out in mid-March) and John Fawcett’s Exposition of the Acts. 3 vols (Spurgeon says: “A fine series of expository discourses. Sometimes we differ.”), we are currently considering the following:
1. E.W. Hengstenberg on Psalms
2. E.W. Hengstenbrg, The Revelation expounded for those who search the Scriptures. Translated by Patrick Fairbairn, D.D. 2 vols., 8vo. Edinb., 1851-52. S. 14/6. (Spurgeon says: “Highly esteemed by the best judges”).
3. R Breckinridge, The Kingdom of God considered (2 vol.)
4. James Hamilton, Sermons and Discourses. (Receives the highest marks from Spurgeon on his work on Moses and his commentary on Ecclesiastes).
5. R S Candlish, Reason and Revelation
6. Jean Daille, Exposition of Philippians & Exposition of Colossians. Translated by Rev. James Sherman. Imp. 8vo. Lond., 1841. (Spurgeon: “Very sweet and evangelical: after the French manner”).
7. Robert Robinson on History of Baptism
8. Sermons of James Ussher
We are checking if others are planning these and also assessing interest. Please let us know if you would be interested in any of these titles.