Preaching & Counseling Quote

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoutheticCounselor

Puritan Board Freshman
I am not having any luck finding the actual quote from Martyn Lloyd-Jones where he talked about requiring people to sit under weeks of preaching before he would meet someone for private counseling. Does anyone know where I came find it?
 
I am not having any luck finding the actual quote from Martyn Lloyd-Jones where he talked about requiring people to sit under weeks of preaching before he would meet someone for private counseling. Does anyone know where I came find it?
I don't think this comment is fully accurate. Iain Murray's insightful biography gives many examples of people coming to Dr Lloyd-Jones for counseling. Some came multiple times. It is worth reading ch 20 'Pastoral Counseling ' in vol 2 of the biography.

Pastor Geoff Thomas, a Pastor in Wales for 50 years and a friend of Dr Lloyd-Jones, wrote a helpful essay on Dr Lloyd-Jones approach to pastoral counseling. It is very insightful.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top