I didn't mean to be unfair, but I was repeating every conversation I heard on this topic.
Ok got my head on straight and I'm ready to take another shot at this for clarifications sake. Now at best, and I'm going to interpret you in the best light I can so please correct if I'm wrong, this seems highly subjective which is fine since this is your personal experience. But we don't know who you have in mind.
You seem to give the impression that this is for better or worse what all/most of presuppositionalists are doing. If I'm wrong there than please correct me. Now we know who you don't have in mind the list of people I provided (throw Tipton, Poythress, and Collet in as well).
I'd like to challenge that assumption. If R.C. Sproul is right when he says something like "presuppositionalism is the majority report among Reformed Christians" and all/most presupps argue that way (to be fair you didn't mention statements like "how do you know" or "by what standard" but you have before) you'd expect there to be young obnoxious men running around Reformed churches saying those things. But I never have, I've heard of obnoxious Theonomists and Arminian debating folks acting that way but no presupps in your average church.
So if its not scholars and the pew sitter who could it be? Well there's always the internet. But not everywhere because Choosing Hats website and Reformed Forum are both pretty popular and they don't talk like that outside of a particular scholarly audience. But both are respectful and fair. As well as here and you know as well as I do the code of conduct enforced here, every once and awhile someone slips through the cracks.
So than no scholars, pew sitters (maybe a small number), or popular websites geared towards this sort of thing. Who could they be? Well your small but vocal obnoxious internet dudes. But after your original implication about all/most (if I misunderstand you there please correct me) dying the death of a thousand qualifications why not just say its these people you have in mind?
For the OP do you think that giving a false impression of presuppositionalism is going to help them grasp the truth of the subject? I get you're exaggerating but will they?