Question about animals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Sixdayz. here's the bible verses. first after the creation in Gen 1:

29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

so, unfortunatly, they were vegans.

But don't lose hope, after the flood, in Gen 3:

3 Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

So now we are commanded to eat meat! Those vegans are breaking the laws of God!!
So yes, I will eat my Ribeye while i'm here!

By the way, is sixdays you name because you are a young earth creationist?

:amen:

Yea brother, I am... :cool:

My ministry SIXDAYZ.com is based on presuppositional-apologetics... with a strong emphasis on creation ex nihilo. My website is still brand new, so there's not a lot there yet, but there's a ton of stuff in my brain!

When I first believed on Christ, I struggled inwardly with the concept of the supernatural. I considered myself a conservative, thinking college mind... I wanted to believe, but there were some hurdles to get over. So I prayed fervently that God would reveal these mysteries to me. The next day, a coworker gave me the creation seminar by Kent Hovind audio files... for the next two months, I couldn't unplug from the subject. I went down every rabbit hole, every objection... and I was convinced rather easily.

Albeit, now I consider my beloved brother, Kent, to be a little on the "fringy-side"... (who is now in jail for tax fraud - yikes!) however, there is no doubt that I am where I am today because God used his unwavering belief in the inerrancy of the Bible to convince me of the same.

So... long story short, I soon moved on to more careful resources - like AiG. I have sympathy for the view that there may have been an "inumerable amount of time" between Gen. 1 & 2... followed by a literal 6 day creation. I don't agree... but I sympathize. That said, I believe that any non-literal interpretation of Genesis is unbiblical, and leads to all kinds of liberalism. I wouldn't say "heretic"... but pretty close. In my mind, the god of evolution, is NOT the GOD of the Bible. I believe the earth is somewhere between 6 - 10,000 years old. It's funny when people find out that an intelligent, seemingly sane American can believe that - they look at you like you're in some kind of cool-aid sipping cult.

;)

Romans 8:19-22
For the creation waits with eager longing for the revealing of the sons of God. For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of him who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to corruption and obtain the freedom of the glory of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation has been groaning together in the pains of childbirth until now.
What does a liberated creation look like? Perhaps similar to what is was before it was put in bondage? I see no reason why the new earth would not have new animals.

:2cents:

Romans 8:19-22
For the creation waits with eager longing for the revealing of the sons of God. For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of him who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to corruption and obtain the freedom of the glory of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation has been groaning together in the pains of childbirth until now.
What does a liberated creation look like? Perhaps similar to what is was before it was put in bondage? I see no reason why the new earth would not have new animals.

:2cents:

Though it would have to be new animals, not the old ones resurrected? :think:

The flip side, however, is that all mosquitos go to hell. They are all reprobate...every last one of them!

The flip side, however, is that all mosquitos go to hell. They are all reprobate...every last one of them!

Gotta include ticks in that category as well - nasty little buggers!!!

Dd and I attended an AiG conference during our hs days - I don't know how much she got out of it but I was fascinated, especially by the account of why the structure of the eye could not possibly have evolved. Then of course, was Ken's...ahem...love of poodles!!! :lol:

Eccl. 3.21 Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?

Fisher's Catechism:

Q. 10.16. In what does the soul of man differ from the spirit or life of a beast?

A. The spirit or life of a beast goes downward to the earth, and perishes at its death, Eccles 3:21; but the soul of man, being rational and immortal, "returns to God who gave it," Eccles 12:7.

My wife will NOT like this Andrew....:um:

I wonder what they were like before the fall. :think:

That's simple - they were vegans and feasted on tofu!!

Ummm

Tofu Deer!
tofudeer.gif

I wonder what they were like before the fall. :think:

I found this, and thought it was pretty interesting... It's from an AiG article...

"The mosquitoes comprise the first group of interest. It appears that only the females of certain mosquito species actually consume blood. The reason blood is needed is because

‘females, at emergence, have only partly developed ovaries. This requires a source of nitrogen to complete ovarian development and reach maturity.’36

Mosquitoes that do not draw blood find nutrition by feeding on plant nectar.37 So it seems that only a portion of mosquitoes use blood, and it is only mammalian blood. This amount would not include males since they do not consume blood. Nor would it include those few species where the females use nectar. So the percentage needing blood is under 50% of the total mosquito population. This could suggest that at some point in history a change took place that caused only some female mosquitoes to use blood as food."

Umm, without the shedding of blood, there is no remission of sins? :p Actually, It is great further proof of the fall and nature being curse. Hmm, maybe the mosquitoes will feast on poodles?? Gosh, Being a Christion can be hard, i.e. not continuing in our favorite sins, but now heaven is going to be populated by tofu deers. Gheez, "work out our salvation with fear and trembling." Which would lead to the next deep theological question - will there be A-1 sauce in heaven? :gpl:

I emailed Answers In Genesis concerning about whether or not animals have souls and this is the response I received:

Dear Curt,

Thank you for contacting Answers in Genesis.

Animals do have souls, unlike plants. The late Dr. Henry Morris, founder and president of the Institute for Creation Research, comments on this topic in the notes to his Defender's Study Bible, with reference to Genesis 1:21. He states:

'...animals possess another entity--that of consciousness--which plants do not possess, and this required a second act of true creation. Such consciousness is the essential meaning of the Hebrew word nephesh, commonly translated "soul," but here in its first occurrence translated "life," and then in the next verse "living creature." In Genesis 2:7, referring to man, it is rendered "living soul." Thus, both men and animals possess the specially-created nephesh.'

If you do not own a copy of the late Dr. Morris’ newly revised and expanded Defender’s Study Bible, I would highly recommend it to you. His notes are extremely insightful, both from a theological and a scientific viewpoint. I have used this study Bible for many years and appreciate the insights it contains. The link is:

Answers in Genesis - Creation, Evolution, Christian Apologetics

Man has one more entity to his being, that of the image of God (Genesis 1:26), an eternal spirit capable of communion and fellowship with his Creator. Animals do not possess a spirit.

I pray this helps. God bless as you partner with us this year to help us impact the culture, one life at a time!

If I'm reading the AiG answer correctly they seem to be saying that man is made up of three parts: body, soul, and spirit. This is false as even a cursory look at how Scripture uses the words reveals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back