classicalkev
Puritan Board Freshman
The text reads: "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved".
This text has always stumped me somewhat. I have searched for great expositions of this passage, but so far have not found any to my own satisfaction.
I'm wondering if Paul here is using the term 'saved' as synonymous with regeneration, or is he speaking of being saved in its broad sense as including sanctification and the consummation of our salvation in the last day. If he is referring to regeneration then is this not placing works before regeneration?
Do we call in ORDER TO be saved?
Thanks for your thoughts.
This text has always stumped me somewhat. I have searched for great expositions of this passage, but so far have not found any to my own satisfaction.
I'm wondering if Paul here is using the term 'saved' as synonymous with regeneration, or is he speaking of being saved in its broad sense as including sanctification and the consummation of our salvation in the last day. If he is referring to regeneration then is this not placing works before regeneration?
Do we call in ORDER TO be saved?
Thanks for your thoughts.