Question on 1 John 3:8-10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I John 3:8-10

I John 3:8-10: when speaking of "committeth sin", and "doth not commit sin", and "doeth not righteousness" (KJV)- it is dealing with the fact of imputation. Either a sinner has Christ's righteousness imputed to them and they are not charged with their sin, or a sinner has their sins charged to them. So all sinners either have Christ's righteousness imputed to them or their sins imputed to them. Hence I John 3:8 can be interpreted: "He that is charged with their sin is of the devil"; and I John 3:9- "Whosoever is born of God is not charged with their sin". In verse 10 "doeth not righteousness" is a person who does not have Christ's righteousness imputed to them............KK

So is this speaking of sins of commission, only? If it's speaking of sins of omission as well, who can say that they don't practice sin?

The answer is, "no one." The key here, as others have said, is that, having sinned, the true Christian realizes that he has sinned and goes to the Lord in confession and repentance. An unbeliever sins and has no interest in repentance, or even any true knowledge of it. Keeping short accounts with God is a sign that one is a true Christian (1 John 1:8-9).

So one dissects words and the other plays games with them. They're all the same.

(I'm practicing to be a grumpy old man.) Hey! You kids get away from that car!!

Bawb, that "durative" thing wasn't a lawyer word, it was a linguist word! Arrrrghh!

If "durative" isn't a "lawyer word," it should be one! :judge: Forthwith. Someone should be put in charge of notifying all state bar associations without further delay. Get a letter out and send it by certified mail, return receipt requested.

Any profession that relies upon things like "The Last Clear Chance Doctrine" should be able to obfuscate civil dialogue and discourse, not to mention to "have a chilling effect upon" anyone and everyone that enters its reach, by incorporating by reference as though set forth both infra and supra the word "durative" wherever remotely applicable.

I hereby reserve the right to use the word "durative" as necessary. I am the only one with the power to take charge of, control, manipulate, handle or otherwise exercise my right to the use of the word "durative." Upon my death, my right to use the word "durative" will pass to my "natural body" heirs.

Further, poster saith not.

:lol: :p :lol: :p

Margaret

(It's finally happened: working as a paralegal, now in virtually all areas of private practice, has driven me stark raving nuts. :) )

:ditto:

I do love some good legal humor...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back