Reading plans for 2019?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RamistThomist

Puritanboard Clerk
These are sets or series or books I've had for a while that I've never gotten around to reading.

1. Josephus, Complete Works.
2. John Chrysostom, Homilies on Corinthians and On The Priesthood, The Statutes, and Ascetic Treatises.
3. Dostoevsky, Demons
4. The volume on the Ecumenical Councils in the NPNPF.
5. Philo, if I am ambitious.
6. Plato, Complete Works
7. Aristotle, Physics, On the Soul, Nichomachean Ethics, Politics.
8. Herodotus
9. Thucydides
10. Plutarch, if I am ambitious.

How often and for how long do you read?

If it is your average theological paperback/hardback, say under 300 pages, I can knock that down in about 3 days. I take notes on google drive after every chapter or so. That way I have access to everything I read.

Longer stuff like this, I usually read a chapter or a section a day. For a while I read 10 pages of Thomas Aquinas a day. It adds up. This would be like buckling down for a month of Saturdays.

Also: Audiobooks. Stuff like histories I listen to.

I also read fiction. I won't lie. But I listen to the audio versions.

I'm becoming more project driven in my reading as I am a slow reader and can't rip through works very fast with any kind of comprehension. Most of my reading will be targeted to teaching projects and professional development. Bedtime reading is always whatever I feel like and only for pleasure.

If it is your average theological paperback/hardback, say under 300 pages, I can knock that down in about 3 days. I take notes on google drive after every chapter or so. That way I have access to everything I read.

100 pages a day with notes, that is quite a bit. How many hours a day do you spend reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back