Reformed Commentaries by Black Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was not saying that any posting here were, just making a statement that there are so few minorities who have authored Reformed materials, or at least that is what it appears to be.
I can't figure out how your post (#23) can be understood to mean that. If all you meant to say is that very few black people have written significant works of Reformed theology, then I think we could all agree with you--and that's why some of us think it silly that someone would buy a book just because the author happens to be black.

I just think that it means that we need to do a better job of bringing into our churches/assemblies. and into our theological circles more minorities.
When I was in the Pentecostal church, did seem to be more of a real outreach towards minorities , and even in my local baptist church, we have been slow to integrate different cultures into our church, but have been doing better in that regard recently.

God will bring whom He will. I think "forcing" some things is more harmful than helpful. BTW, we have a Chinese family about to join us and they are wonderful people....

I can't figure out how your post (#23) can be understood to mean that. If all you meant to say is that very few black people have written significant works of Reformed theology, then I think we could all agree with you--and that's why some of us think it silly that someone would buy a book just because the author happens to be black.
I agree with you on that, as I would base the purchase on how well the author wrote his book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back