RIP DMX

Status
Not open for further replies.

JM

Puritan Board Doctor
I listened to DMX as a kid, he had many demons no doubt but I always remembered him as a man who struggled against his demons even though he lost, many times. Here he is talking about trusting Christ.

Strangely enough the only video I saw of DMX was in an Asian hospital, right after Nicki Minaj singing about her big butt or something. A strict mslm country, but somehow these rap videos were broadcast to little old ladies in hijabs covered head to toe waiting for their meds at the pharmacy. Globalism at its finest.

I never realized he did "Ruff Riders Anthem." I always heard that song in the background at games and all that. Never made the connection it was by him.

Until this week, I had never heard of DMX or the Duke of E-something. I should get out more.

I hope his faith was real, because his struggle with drugs sure was.
I hope so too, Richard. It was so heartening to hear him talk of the Lord Jesus. It seems so many people look up to these singers or rappers or whatever you call them--if only they would all talk about giving your life to the Lord. If their public lives would match up, that would be even better--but it is joyful to me to hear someone at least talking, and it appears to be sincere, about their faith in Jesus.

Lyrics from 1998:

I come to you hungry and tired, you give me food and let me sleep
I come to you weak, you give me strength and that's deep
You call me a sheep and lead me to green pastures
Only asking that I keep the focus in between the chapters
You give me the word and only ask that I interpret
And give me the eyes that I may recognize the serpent
You know I ain't perfect, but you'd like me to try
Unlike the devil who just wants me to lie, 'til I die
Lord, why is it that I go through so much pain?
All I saw was black, all I felt was rain
I come to you because it's you who knows
You showed me that everything was black because my eyes were closed
You gave me the light and let me bask in your glory
So it was only right that when you ask for this story
I put it together to do our dogs some good
Our dogs being brothers and sisters in the hood
Plenty of times you sent help my way, but I hid
And I remember once you held me close, but I slid
There was something that I just had to see
That you wanted me to see so I can be what you wanted me to be
And I think I've seen it, 'cause I don't feel the same
Matter of fact, I know I've seen it, I can feel the change
And it's strange, almost got me beating down your door
But I have never known a love like this before
It's a wonderful feeling to get away from the pain
And up under the ceiling I get away from the rain
And the strain that I feel when I'm here is gone
I know real so I wipe away the tears; it's on
And I almost lost faith when you took my man
Monty, Paso, and Jay's brother Dan
And I fear that what I'm saying won't be heard until I'm gone
But it's all good, 'cause I really didn't expect to live long
So if it takes for me to suffer, for my brother to see the light
Give me pain 'til I die, but please, Lord, treat him right.

[DMX and DMX is doing the voice over as God:]
You tell me that there's love here, but to me it's blatant
That with all the blood here, I'm dealin' with Satan
Plus with all the hatin', it's hard to keep peace (uh huh)
Thou shall not steal, but I will to eat
I tried doin' good, but good's not too good for me
Misunderstood, why you chose the hood for me?
Me? I'm aight; I just had to work hard at it
Went to grandma for the answer and she told me that God had it
So now here I am, confused and full of questions
Am I born to lose or is this just a lesson?
And who is gon' choose when it gets turned around?
And will it be laying in my own blood and on the ground?
My child, I've watched you grow up and I've been there
Even at those times you least suspected it, I was there
And look at what I've given you – a talent to rhyme
I may not come when you call, but I'm always on time

Somebody's knockin'
Should I let 'em in?
Lord, we're just startin'
But where will it end
Somebody's knockin'
Should I let 'em in
Lord, we're just startin'
But where will it end?

[DMX and DMX as God:]
But when the funds are low, the guns'll blow
Lookin' for that one that owe, make 'em run that dough
No! Put down the guns and write a new rhyme
You'll get it all in due time, you'll do fine, just have faith 'cause you mine
And when you shine, it's gon' be a sight to behold
So don't fight to be old or lose sight when it's cold
See that light down the road? It's gon' to guide you there
Two sets of footprints; I was right beside you there
But what about them times I only saw one?
Those were the times when I was under the gun — It was then I carried you my son
Led you to safety, it just wasn't your time to face me (uh huh)
Ayo, a few of them times I thought you would erase me
When all you did was embrace me, prepared me for the worst
Offered me eternal life and scared me with the hearse
And the curse turned to grace when the hurt turned to faith
No more runnin' or slidin' in the dirt, 'cause I'm safe

Somebody's knockin'
Should I let 'em in?
Lord we're just startin'
But where will it end?
Somebody's knockin'
Should I let 'em in?

So if I'm your man, I'm in your hands, what's your plan?
Never had a friend 'cause you couldn't trust your man
Learned to stand before I crawled, things were twisted
And if you showed me anything at all, then I missed it
Looked the wrong way, I've done some wrong things
Kept a bad attitude, but that's what wrong brings
And now you mean to tell me that after all this time
It was you that kept the dog from goin' out of my mind?
It was you that breathed life into my lungs when I was born?
And it was you that let me know what was right from what was wrong?
And it was you that let me do, what I knew what could be done?
And it was you that gave me a good wife and a beautiful son?
And it's been you speakin' to me inside my mind?
And it's been you who has forgiven time after time?
It was you who opened my eyes so I could see?
And it was you that shined your light on me?

Was reading on another site that the death may well be vaccine related.
Yes. Apparently, his family is claiming that the man has been clean for a while, and so a drug overdose is not possible. Is this the truth, or is the family simply in denial? Who knows? But the truth will, Lord willing, come out.

Until this week, I had never heard of... the Duke of E-something. I should get out more.
Not knowing who DMX is certainly understandable. But given the fact that the Duke of Edinburgh has been on the world stage since 1952, I'd say you should definitely get out more. ;)

Not knowing who DMX is certainly understandable. But given the fact that the Duke of Edinburgh has been on the world stage since 1952, I'd say you should definitely get out more. ;)
Yup... I was thinking the same thing.

Ken, I'm almost in your shoes, but even I knew about the Queen's husband. Haven't watched TV since 1975, but there were news magazines....

I've always wanted to invite you out here where we can be clueless while still getting out. ;)

Until this week, I had never heard of DMX or the Duke of E-something. I should get out more.
Ken, did you just not know he was called the Duke of Edinburgh? I had no idea that was his title or whatever.

Ken, did you just not know he was called the Duke of Edinburgh? I had no idea that was his title or whatever.

Well, I guess I knew there was a King of England, but I didn't know his name.

Well, I guess I knew there was a King of England, but I didn't know his name.
He wasn't the king - just the prince consort. The wife of a king is always a queen, but the husband of a queen is not thereby a king. Your lesson in constitutional monarchism for the day. And Elizabeth is the Queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, not England...

He wasn't the king - just the prince consort. The wife of a king is always a queen, but the husband of a queen is not thereby a king. Your lesson in constitutional monarchism for the day. And Elizabeth is the Queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, not England...
Ah, gottcha. I actually thought he would be the King too and thought it was strange I always heard about the Queen of England, but not the King (I think I therefore had the idea that he had already passed away until this thread). I always got confused also about England and Great Britain and Ireland and all those places up there--could never remember what belonged to what country or whatever (I think it changed over the centuries too which makes it even more confusing). I think me and Ken are mostly in the same boat with this! Thank you, Iain for the constitutional monarchy lesson!

I always got confused also about England and Great Britain and Ireland and all those places up there--could never remember what belonged to what country or whatever (I think it changed over the centuries too which makes it even more confusing).
The term Great Britain refers to three countries - England, Scotland, and Wales. The United Kingdom refers to Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Thus there are three countries within Great Britain, and four within the United Kingdom.

To confuse things further, her majesty the Queen is Queen of a number of Commonwealth countries including mine, and a great land directly above the boarder of your country :)

The term Great Britain refers to three countries - England, Scotland, and Wales. The United Kingdom refers to Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Thus there are three countries within Great Britain, and four within the United Kingdom.
Okay--that is clarifying. Thank you!

To confuse things further, her majesty the Queen is Queen of a number of Commonwealth countries including mine, and a great land directly above the boarder of your country :)
I actually didn't know that : / I was wondering why you were referring to her as the Queen earlier as though she had something to do with your country. Okay--well! This has been a good day for learning current things about different countries! Thank you again!

I was wondering why you were referring to her as the Queen earlier as though she had something to do with your country.
This moderator might have to create a Royal education program for USA users of the Puritan Board. Just kidding. :lol:

"The Queen is head of state of 16 countries that are a part of the Commonwealth realm, including the UK.

These include Australia, Canada and New Zealand, as well as several island nations in the Caribbean and Indian Ocean.

These are Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, The Bahamas, Belize, Grenada, Jamaica, Papua New Guinea, Saint Lucia, Solomon Islands, St Kitts and Nevis, and St Vincent and the Grenadines.

There are also a host of overseas territories linked to the UK, Australia and New Zealand that are not in the Commonwealth but still have the Queen as head of state.

These are numerous but include Cayman Islands, the British Virgin Islands, Bermuda, the Cook Islands, Gibraltar, the Falkland Islands and Turks and Caicos, to name a few."
From https://news.sky.com/story/which-countries-recognise-queen-elizabeth-as-head-of-state-12073304

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back