cw_theology
Puritan Board Freshman
I've been studying the biblical basis for the Lord's day as a binding "Christian Sabbath" as the 1689 calls it. I have always just taken the framers word for it and never studied into it before. It seems to me that the argument that it was set up as a creation ordinance as well as examples of NT worship occuring on specifically Sunday as well as it being called the Lord's day is sufficient evidence to believe there is indeed a binding Christian Sabbath in the Lord's day. I have one question still, will it be kept in heaven? If it was set up as a creation ordinance it seems that it must then be kept in heaven as it flows directly from God's moral character, however I'm not sure then how to interpret Hebrews 4 in light of this, as Hebrews 4 seems to suggest that in heaven Christ will be our ultimate rest and the Sabbath will be transformed, however if this is so, then I have a hard time understanding how this doesn't defeat the argument that it's a creation ordinance, certainly we won't lie steal murder or commit adultery in heaven, so then why would the Sabbath be transformed? So how should we interpret Hebrews 4? And if it's saying the Sabbath will be transformed in heaven, then why doesn't that defeat the argument for it being a creation ordinance?