Sage reader for Firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pilgrim

Puritanboard Commissioner
I just dowloaded it and it looks top notch.

I have been using Opera recently. I like the mail and newsreader integration, but the browser seems a bit slow at times and it still has trouble displaying some sites properly.

Anyone else have recommendations for good news readers, especially for use with Firefox?
 
It is not integrated to firefox, but I use mozilla thunderbird for email and news reading. I like it's simplicity and ease of use (not feature bloated).
 
Originally posted by Presbyrino
It is not integrated to firefox, but I use mozilla thunderbird for email and news reading. I like it's simplicity and ease of use (not feature bloated).

I do as well.
 
Originally posted by Presbyrino
It is not integrated to firefox, but I use mozilla thunderbird for email and news reading. I like it's simplicity and ease of use (not feature bloated).

I used Thunderbird for about a year until my Firefox melted down and I lost all my bookmarks, etc. when I upgraded to 1.5 (Well, I didn't lose them, was able to import them to Opera, but not back into Firefox).

I think the bloat may be part of the problem with Opera seeming to run slow at times, but I think Opera probably uses less resources than FF and Thunderbird do when considered together.

I like Thunderbird's email a whole lot better than its newsreader, which seemed slow when I would click to view the entire post in Firefox. But my system is an antique and below Thunderbird's recommendations for optimal performance anyway (although it meets the minimum guidelines), so that's no doubt part of the problem. I have little experience in this area, but it would seem that having a newsreader that is integrated with your browser would be preferable.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top