I have to smile at the phrasing, since salvation means "being saved." But beyond that, I guess I would need to hear it in context to know what the speaker means. If I heard it at my church, the speaker would probably be trying to say that salvation encompasses more than just escaping hell and punishment. Salvation in Christ is also freedom from our sinful corruption and the power of sin over our behavior. And it is a coming victory over the corruption of the world and the evil in it.
One might break this down further to include other elements of salvation (like election, adoption, resurrection unto life), but my assumption would be that the speaker has in mind that we don't just "get saved" as an escape from hell, and are done. Christ's work to overcome sin continues in our sanctification and eventual glorification, and in the coming renewal of the world.
Of course, justice is connected to this. So is our corporate life as citizens of Christ's kingdom. These are biblical concepts going way back. They flourish even more now that the kingdom is inaugurated, and will reach fulness when Christ returns. Whether or not the speaker has a right sense of the "already and not yet" of the kingdom, and of the role of the church in the kingdom in this era, is hard to say without more context.
Generally, I would be glad to hear a church affirm that salvation is bigger than just escape from punishment (so long as that church also still affirms punishment and atonement). Because progressive culture tends to dislike the saved-from-hell element of salvation doctrine, but still likes the sound of the other parts, I can see why you might worry that a speaker emphasizing those other parts has been culturally influenced or is pandering. Sure, that might be a danger. But cutting salvation short is bad too. I often encounter Sunday-school kids from conservative Christian homes who can tell me all about what they are saved from but have little concept of the glorious life and coming world they are saved into.