Scientia Semper Reformanda

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobVigneault

Bawberator
"Everything we thought we knew about X-ray images of the Sun is now out of date," says Leon Golub from the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics in Cambridge, Massachusetts, US. "We've seen many new and unexpected things. For that reason alone, the mission is already a success."

I love these stories of how scientists will discover that everything they believe has to be dumped and revised. It's what makes be a scientist exciting. This is the dynamic nature of science and it is found across the whole spectrum of what we call 'science' EXCEPT when it comes to EVOLUTION. Somehow Charles Darwin and his faithful followers spoke the truth the first time and have never had to revise or reform. We don't call that science though, do we? We call that 'papal infallibility'.

Here is the whole 'scientific' article for you astronomy fans.

great article. Science is always in a state of flux. I suppose that this generation will tantamount to flat earthers of centuries past when history finally writes about us.

btw Bob, since whe did you become a male model? You don't do those underwear commercials' do you?

great article. Science is always in a state of flux. I suppose that this generation will tantamount to flat earthers of centuries past when history finally writes about us.

btw Bob, since whe did you become a male model? You don't do those underwear commercials' do you?

I'm not a male model at all. I have become, as you have also become, a victim of the fertile (some would say infantile) mind of twisted cyber prankster and rogue warrior, Rich. He's sleeping right now so we can speak freely. Doesn't he look peaceful when he's sleeping? Here Bill, hold this bucket of warm water, I'm going to turn him gently and put his hand in it. This ought to be fun. (Whispering) Sorry Sonya, Rich brought this on himself.

I'm not a male model at all. I have become, as you have also become, a victim of the fertile (some would say infantile) mind of twisted cyber prankster and rogue warrior, Rich. He's sleeping right now so we can speak freely. Doesn't he look peaceful when he's sleeping? Here Bill, hold this bucket of warm water, I'm going to turn him gently and put his hand in it. This ought to be fun. (Whispering) Sorry Sonya, Rich brought this on himself.

Bob - water is lukewarm. Just right. :lol: Now, just a dab of shaving cream in his right hand and a slight tickle on the chin.

Bob - you're a maestro with a Sharpie. I especially like the handlebar effect. The enhanced eyebrows were a nice touch also. You've missed your calling brother.

:D I noticed this earlier today...and was chuckeling at my desk !

Good one Rich L !:up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back