Jeremy, I enjoyed Dr. Davis' booklet as well. I picked it up at an annual conference we have in Virginia. Dr. Davis and Dr. Tom Nettles preached two sermons each on the topic of Doctrine. We all were blessed by the sermons. The following link will take anyone who is interested in hearing them:
SermonAudio.com - Providence Baptist Church
I had to do a triple-take on this, as he has spoken frequently at Providence Baptist Church in Raleigh, NC. I'm now regretting not having driven up for that conference.
My eyes lit up at the link, thinking it was his audio from the Founders' Conference at PBC in Raleigh in '02.
That weekend conference quite literally changed my life, and I would love to go back and listen to the audio. Though, I have never thought to look for it.
At that point, I was looking for a new church (my church was heading down the road of female leadership, post-modernism, etc). I knew of the Doctrines of Grace, though in a pretty Arminian though sympathetic way. My youth pastor was a not-so-undercover Calvinist and was in the process of being relieved of his duties because of that fact. I knew of his dedication to the scriptures above all, and he invited me to this conference.
The picture of the greatness, bigness, and benevolent sovereignty of God that weekend transformed my entire view of who God is. The conference began on a Friday, and by mid-day Saturday I could not possibly remember what it was like to have viewed God as so small, reactive, and weak only the day before.
The subject of the conference was "The Doctrine of Man." And, amazingly to me, that meant the speakers primarily dwelt on the majesty of God, contrasting creature with Creator.
After Dr. Davis' sermon, my decision on a new church was pretty much settled. I would sit under this man's preaching. I listened to Dever, Whitney, and Piper after him, but I could not get Dr. Davis' sermon from the previous night out of my head. So, I visited the next Sunday and Wednesday, already knowing that I would attend despite the drive.
I am glad you enjoyed hearing him. I may be interested in attending one of these conferences in the future. We drive through Suffolk a few times per year (having learned well that going 46 in a 45 is most emphatically NOT o.k. there

) to visit my in-laws in Norfolk. It would make a nice excuse for a trip. Is it usually in November?