search string

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTK

Puritan Board Junior
I despise this string for image verification in search functions. But perhaps it's just me.

DTK

David,
What exactly are you experiencing? If I do a search, I do not get an image verification string.

Scott,

It doesn't always show up in the Advanced Search feature, but sometimes when I use that feature, on the right side there is a mixture of letters and numbers (hence a "image string") that needs to be entered in order for the search to initiate. The difficulty is, I think, with the letters, because it's not always clear if you should be using lower case or upper case (capitalization) with the letters...In other words it's not always easy to determine if they are captilized or not; and if you enter a lower case letter instead of an upper case, you're told that you entered the wrong "image string."

DTK

Amen

Scott,

It doesn't always show up in the Advanced Search feature, but sometimes when I use that feature, on the right side there is a mixture of letters and numbers (hence a "image string") that needs to be entered in order for the search to initiate. The difficulty is, I think, with the letters, because it's not always clear if you should be using lower case or upper case (capitalization) with the letters...In other words it's not always easy to determine if they are captilized or not; and if you enter a lower case letter instead of an upper case, you're told that you entered the wrong "image string."

DTK

Are you signed in? I have gotten it before but I wonder if I wasn't signed in because I haven't had to do it since. It was a bear for me too. It kept telling me I didn't do it right. :banghead:

I didn't know what was being discussed; as I've never seen this. However, I just logged out and got it when I tried to search.

I should add that I almost eclusively use Advanced search so that may be another reason I've not seen it? Has Rich gone stateside yet? Calling Rich....

This is odd. I checked the options and it is only supposed to prompt if you're not logged in. It could be a browser problem. If I have time I'll see if there is anything in the vBulletin forums about this.

The string is only supposed to be displayed for Guests (i.e. not logged in users)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back