SermonAudio recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jash Comstock

Puritan Board Freshman
I am currently deployeto Afghanistan, and chapel is sketchy. My protestant choices are an ultra-contemporary Calvary Chapel chaplain, and a reformed-ish Missouri Synod Lutheran. That being said, I am trying to supplement my diet with Sermon Audio, and was looking for suggestions. Any recommendations from my fellow PB'ers?

I live in Thailand so am on the opposite time zone from the Eastern United States. I attend a fundamentalist Baptist Church which is Soveriegn Grace in its orientation but still I find myself yearning for a more formal dignified worship service. In the evening here I frequently listen to the Ballymena Free Presbyterian Church of Ulster live on Sermon Audio. Later I listen to the live worship service from the Heritage Reformed Congregation in Burgessville Ontario.

If you can live stream over the internet, you might want to consider the worship services at Tenth Presbyterian in Philadelphia or First Presbyterian in Columbus, SC. That's what I do if I'm home with a sick young-un. For online sermons, just about anything Sinclair Ferguson does is wonderful. I also thought the series on John we had at our church (Bethel, Leesburg, VA) was first-rate. If I were in your shoes, I'd likely try the Missouri Synod church.

I second (or is it third?) Joel Beeke. I would also recommend Dr. David P. Murrary who teaches at PRTS, Sinclair Ferguson, R.C. Sproul Sr. and Paul Washer.

I'll say another Amen for Beeke and he has lots of sermons. Also the same with Washer. And one more addition--Mark Dever.

My top three recommendations:
Christ Covenant Reformed Presbyterian Church (GA), Pastor Todd Ruddell -- Christ Covenant Reformed Presbyterian - SermonAudio.com
Greenville Presbyterian Church (FCC), Pastor Robert McCurley -- Greenville Presbyterian Church - SermonAudio.com
Loughbrickland Reformed Presbyterian Church (I), Pastor David Silversides -- Loughbrickland Reformed Presbyterian - SermonAudio.com

I'll also add that Pastor Ruddell is a member here on the PuritanBoard, as well as several of his flock. I believe we have some people from Greenville on here as well. :)

I've really, really been blessed by a series our Pastor (and PB member) Rev Mark Koller has been working through. You can find the series here.

I've really, really been blessed by a series our Pastor (and PB member) Rev Mark Koller has been working through. You can find the series here.

Wow. That looks like a great series!

'Tis indeed, brother! I've read various books and articles on the Sabbath but I can honestly say, this series has probably deepened my understanding of what it means to honor the Fourth Commandment more than anything else.

Wow. That looks like a great series!

'Tis indeed, brother! I've read various books and articles on the Sabbath but I can honestly say, this series has probably deepened my understanding of what it means to honor the Fourth Commandment more than anything else.

With that recommendation, I'll look forward to working through it soon, then. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back