Should I get a Wii?

Status
Not open for further replies.

etexas

Puritan Board Doctor
I am thinking about a game console, it has been a long time for me! There was a thread not long ago about consoles but mine is more specific, my wife and I are looking for more to do together, we both love to travel, but, obviously we cannot always travel, when we are home, megan and I both love our home, we enjoy being in our home, so I was reading about Wii, it seems to be easy to use and the console is popular with women and men. Just wondered what the PB folk thoght. Pax.

This PB folk would love one but hasn't been able to find one to buy. Nintendo vastly underestimated the demand for them and hasn't been able to get production ramped up in time to get 'em in the stores - or online - in time for Christmas.

Mind, if you're willing to pay a whole lot more than the sticker price you can get one off eBay.

But I'm not, being the cheapskate I am. ;^)

I called Toys R Us yesterday looking for Optimus Prime and they don't have it but the lady said, "You don't want a Wii do you, I've got 6 of those right now." It all depends whats on the truck when it comes in. I'm still looking for Optimus Prime.

Do you really pronounce these things "WEEE"?

I heard a grown man in an electronic store the other day say "I wanna weee." I couldn't help thinking that he was a bit old for that kind of talk. :scratch:

I am thinking about a game console, it has been a long time for me! There was a thread not long ago about consoles but mine is more specific, my wife and I are looking for more to do together, we both love to travel, but, obviously we cannot always travel, when we are home, megan and I both love our home, we enjoy being in our home, so I was reading about Wii, it seems to be easy to use and the console is popular with women and men. Just wondered what the PB folk thoght. Pax.

Yes. It is fantastic. I love to bowl on it. It is amazing how you actually bowl...

You Can Get One.....

If you do the work, I was scrambling, to get one for my son and daughter (and me), and my mom finally found one, go to two or three game stores in your area, tell them you are serious, and please call and you'll be there in 10 min....that's what my mom did, and she got one...they are still coming off the trucks, you just have to be there at the right time.

My friend has one, and he def. says, more than systems of the past, it is good family time.

I'm looking forward to it. I can't wait till my son sees it, and I tell him Santa brought it....Just kidding.....lol:smug:

Video games? Can you play God-games on it? If not, you shouldn't get it because it would be a waste of time, i.e. not religious.

Video games? Can you play God-games on it? If not, you shouldn't get it because it would be a waste of time, i.e. not religious.

So, do people like you never do anything like enjoy a sport, listen to a non-religious symphony, or do anything else not directly related to God? Do you ever read the newspaper? Do you ever go to a non-God website? Do you ever go on vacation? Ever been to a non-God store for non-God related items that are not necessities?

If so, you should stop because those things are a waste of time, i.e. not religious.

So, do people like you never do anything like enjoy a sport, listen to a non-religious symphony, or do anything else not directly related to God? Do you ever read the newspaper? Do you ever go to a non-God website? Do you ever go on vacation? Ever been to a non-God store for non-God related items that are not necessities?

If so, you should stop because those things are a waste of time, i.e. not religious.

I think he was being sarcastic.

Yes, I was being sarcastic. :D

Jacob always says something sarcastic about theonomy. I like to be sarcastic about legalism and silly conceptions of Christian piety.

Yes, I was being sarcastic. :D

Jacob always says something sarcastic about theonomy. I like to be sarcastic about legalism and silly conceptions of Christian piety.

Oh. Sorry. Missed the sarcasm and had a gut reaction.

:handshake:

I've not had any problems locating a Wii, but they are not in my budget right now...

Gryphonette, Have you also checked the used game stores like Game Stop, they sell them too..

Oh. Sorry. Missed the sarcasm and had a gut reaction.

Douglas,

Don't feel too badly. I wasn't sure myself if it was sarcasm or :soapbox: My initial reaction was, "Oh boy, here we go again. :deadhorse: Grab some :popcorn: and pull up a chair." :lol:

Sheesh! I thought you all would have had a little more faith in me!

I repent in dust-cloth and ashes! I heap coals of fire on my head! I promise never to doubt you again, oh great one! And, next time, before I react, I will first ask: :wwbd:

Oh yes, we have one we shop at regularly.

OTOH, it wouldn't hurt to take another run past there. As y'all have noted, the situation is doubtless fluid, and subject to change on a moment's notice.

David,

I must confess I did a serious double take when I read your post. I didn't think it sounded like something you would say out of seriousness, but I wasn't 100% sure.

Douglas,

Don't feel too badly. I wasn't sure myself if it was sarcasm or :soapbox: My initial reaction was, "Oh boy, here we go again. :deadhorse: Grab some :popcorn: and pull up a chair." :lol:

I repent in dust-cloth and ashes! I heap coals of fire on my head! I promise never to doubt you again, oh great one! And, next time, before I react, I will first ask: :wwbd:

:rofl: :handshake:

What is a "God-Game" I hope that is a joke, if not it borders on Blasphemous.:2cents: Nevermind, read your other Posts! you were kidding! Sorry! I SHOULD have had more faith in you.

Last edited:
And, next time, before I react, I will first ask: :wwbd:

That generally seems to be the safest road to travel when trying to avoid serious blunders on the Puritan Board. I'm still trying to figure out why Bawb is not in the Wikipedia listing of Calvinist ministers and theologians that I posted this morning. :scratch:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back