Boy, it sure is obvious who the Mac & Linux guys are around here.
I know many people using Vista with NO TROUBLE at all, myself included! Now I'm not a "MS-only" guy, but if we want to start picking apart companies Apple surely can't get out of the crosshairs. Even though MS is notorious for doing this (mainly because they are a much larger company than Apple and with that comes more publicity), Apple sure does jump the gun on releasing new products before they are ready. Case-in-point is the new iPhone. But we can go back to several versions of their OS. And why would anyone spend all that extra money on a Mac when the sames needs can be met for a far better price with a PC? It just defies logic to me.
Oh, don't get me wrong, my father-in-law is a BIG Mac guy and worked for them before moving over to Lockheed Martin. When I'm out at their place, I enjoy the UI on OSX ... much more than Vista! But then he tells me about how much he spent for the computers. (Yes, he has a 17" PowerBook
and a dual processor G4 (or is it a G3? I can't remember now) along with that huge 22" flatscreen monitor. Really slick ... I love playing with them. But I'd never pay for them.
Vista is solid. Ask anyone without an axe to grind and they'll tell you. Vista is more stable, more secure and more user friendly than XP is/was.
Just my