Should I Switch To Vista???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear this from all sectors, if it was just Dell than I wouldn't give it much thought. However, I have heard many things like this from some businesses that wanted to switch. I even had customers against my advice go by Vista Computers and now want to downgrade to XP.

Even my work now will not touch Vista for at least a couple of years they now say. I surmise that even though some like Vista, this may be Millennium Edition part 2. That's my 5 cents worth :)

I hear this from all sectors, if it was just Dell than I wouldn't give it much thought. However, I have heard many things like this from some businesses that wanted to switch. I even had customers against my advice go by Vista Computers and now want to downgrade to XP.

Even my work now will not touch Vista for at least a couple of years they now say. I surmise that even though some like Vista, this may be Millennium Edition part 2. That's my 5 cents worth :)
Chuckle! OK, I give you that round. However as far as switching to Vista, Microsoft spent a huge amount of time and money on project Vista, and it will be imposed on PC users...........unless you get a Mac and go OSX. No sarcasm here, MS as a company is tough as nails, they will adjust a few things here and there but they will not back down on their new system, scary thing....they are big enough not to!:2cents:

Last edited:
Boy, it sure is obvious who the Mac & Linux guys are around here. :lol:

I know many people using Vista with NO TROUBLE at all, myself included! Now I'm not a "MS-only" guy, but if we want to start picking apart companies Apple surely can't get out of the crosshairs. Even though MS is notorious for doing this (mainly because they are a much larger company than Apple and with that comes more publicity), Apple sure does jump the gun on releasing new products before they are ready. Case-in-point is the new iPhone. But we can go back to several versions of their OS. And why would anyone spend all that extra money on a Mac when the sames needs can be met for a far better price with a PC? It just defies logic to me.

Oh, don't get me wrong, my father-in-law is a BIG Mac guy and worked for them before moving over to Lockheed Martin. When I'm out at their place, I enjoy the UI on OSX ... much more than Vista! But then he tells me about how much he spent for the computers. (Yes, he has a 17" PowerBook and a dual processor G4 (or is it a G3? I can't remember now) along with that huge 22" flatscreen monitor. Really slick ... I love playing with them. But I'd never pay for them.

Vista is solid. Ask anyone without an axe to grind and they'll tell you. Vista is more stable, more secure and more user friendly than XP is/was.

Just my :2cents:

Boy, it sure is obvious who the Mac & Linux guys are around here. :lol:

I know many people using Vista with NO TROUBLE at all, myself included! Now I'm not a "MS-only" guy, but if we want to start picking apart companies Apple surely can't get out of the crosshairs. Even though MS is notorious for doing this (mainly because they are a much larger company than Apple and with that comes more publicity), Apple sure does jump the gun on releasing new products before they are ready. Case-in-point is the new iPhone. But we can go back to several versions of their OS. And why would anyone spend all that extra money on a Mac when the sames needs can be met for a far better price with a PC? It just defies logic to me.

Oh, don't get me wrong, my father-in-law is a BIG Mac guy and worked for them before moving over to Lockheed Martin. When I'm out at their place, I enjoy the UI on OSX ... much more than Vista! But then he tells me about how much he spent for the computers. (Yes, he has a 17" PowerBook and a dual processor G4 (or is it a G3? I can't remember now) along with that huge 22" flatscreen monitor. Really slick ... I love playing with them. But I'd never pay for them.

Vista is solid. Ask anyone without an axe to grind and they'll tell you. Vista is more stable, more secure and more user friendly than XP is/was.

Just my :2cents:
Good points, the few problems that have come up in Vista are due to..........bettter security!

Good points, the few problems that have come up in Vista are due to..........bettter security!
I've heard of a few software issues because of the improved security but I've not had any of them. (I've even heard e-Sword is having issues but it's running fine here!) Anyway, those things will be worked out fairly quickly.

That's the great thing about Microsoft: they are top-notch with patches, plug-ins, and updates. They won't throw a half-job at you without expecting to fix it themselves.

That's the great thing about Microsoft: they are top-notch with patches, plug-ins, and updates. They won't throw a half-job at you without expecting to fix it themselves.

It would be a first for MS than. :eek:

Then you must have never used the feature called "Windows Update" in the Start Menu.

Oh, I used it before. But the patches are anything but top notch, most of the patches they make end up breaking something else or the patches themselves have so many holes that a mac truck can drive through.

They always throw broken software at people hoping that a)either they won't know (I know cause I get called in to fix MS mistakes from customers) or b) someone else can fix it. In IE6 itself there are seven exploits that MS refuses to fix and as far as anyone can tell they are in IE7 too.

Anything from MS is far from top notch or innovative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back