Solved distance problem to OPC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Organgrinder

Puritan Board Freshman
In my earlier postings I wrote about being concerned about the distance to my OPC. I came up with a solution.

I didn't move. We don't want to leave the farm.

There wasn't a new OPC started in my area. That would be the best solution of all.

I bought a VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI. I now get 40 mpg instead of the 20 mpg my Ranger was getting. Mine is a 2010 model in red with beige interior. I haven't had it long but I can sure recommend it.

Any other TDI owners in here?
 
Congratulations - on the new vehicle and on cutting your gas consumption in half.
 
Sorry for the delay ya'll,

I did some comparisions for diesel in my area and it runs about 13% more than regular.

In fact I met someone at my church who had owned three VW diesels. He was very satisfied with the one he'd owned.

I"d always thought that the Mercedes Benz diesel wagon was the best car there was. Perhaps so but I can't afford one. So far my VW has been a great alternative to the MB.
 
A million years ago, my Dad had a diesal VW Rabbit and put bunches of miles on it -- many with me, such as on a trip to Flamingo, Florida. (At the time, I had a Bug and my Mom and sister has buses. Can you guess we loved the old VWs?)
 
I drive a french diesel car here in the UK where fuel costs double what it does in the USA. I get 80 mpg on the motorway (freeway) here. I couldn't afford to drive without this level of economy.
 
As someone who drives a Ford pick-up I'm sorry to hear you've lost your Ranger. But as a brother in Christ I'm glad to hear that you're able to get to a solid church now! ;)
 
Hello all,

I still have the Ranger. A man should have a truck if he lives on twenty acres like I do. Interestingly enough, my brother who works in Afghanistan on a military base has the use of Rangers with a full crew cab and diesel engine. I don't know from what country those originate. Too bad Ford doesn't off those for the US.
 
Maybe Australia. Plus the rest of the world. My husband is always complaining about the limited options here!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top