Some things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dagmire

Puritan Board Freshman
I drove back from Austin, TX today. It's about a 5-hour drive. My mom and I went straight to a little family get-together. I was already fairly tired from the drive, then I had a couple beers and some food and then sat around with my family. We were talking about one of my sisters and how irresponsible she is with money. My mom asked if the boy she's dating might be a good influence on her. I said, "Well, he's not a Christian. And Jac", (my sister), "claims to be a Christian, but she doesn't live like one."

Apparently I struck a nerve with my brother-in-law or my sister or both of them and they got up and left. This sister also claims or at least has claimed in the past to be a Christian. She married a man who believes Christianity is made-up. And those are his words. I had to tell myself on the ride home that it's not my fault if someone is offended by the word of God. I wasn't judging them; they're judged by God.

My mom and I left soon after that and were bringing my aunt home. I found out during the drive that my aunt and uncle just had their divorced finalized. I had no idea they were even separated. I had no idea they were even having trouble. I was too taken aback and too afraid of hurting my aunt to ask any questions, but I think I gathered that it was my uncle who wanted the divorce. I'm disgusted.

I'm sorry if these things are improper to say. I don't know. I just need someone to hear them and I trust you folks more than most people that I know in person. At least your text is fairly Christlike.

And I have no idea if this is a good idea, but I have an appointment on Tuesday to be qualified for a clinical trial. I don't know what will happen or what will come of it, but if bipolar disorder exists, then I have it. Maybe if I'd accept that and get the help that it requires, then my life would be less of a mess. I don't know.

I know that there isn't much of a point to this thread, but I just feel entirely too bottled-up right now. And maybe you saints can process these things better than I can right now.

Oh, and remind me to stay away from public pools. Dangerous places, those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back