Stonewall Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stonewall Jackson was born on January 21, 1824 in what is now Clarksburg, West Virginia.

parkersburg05.jpg

Jacob;

You wrote about "reforming slavery according to biblical guidelines..."

In our day and age, what would a reformed slavery look like?

I visted Jackson's home 3 years ago. Interesting. He did much to promote "camp meetings" in their truest in their encamped armies and there seemed to be a large number of conversions during the war among the troops. I know a civil war reenactor who plays a chaplain and he has collected many of the old tracts from the south. Good solid stuff.

I went to the Vicksburg Battlefield this spring. It was a purifying experience.

This reminded me...years ago, (many, many, many years ago) I played on a small college football team from Abilene TX and we played a team called Millsaps in Jackson MS.
I remember on the way home our coach had our bus stop at the Vicksburg Battlefield and he and another coach who was a history buff had the entire team get out and walk the battlefield and a cemetary. Of course our team was black guys, white guys, native Americans and hispanic guys etc. and we all got out and had a learning experience.
It occurs to me now that if coach did that in this day and time he would probably be fired for committing an insensitive racist act.

God must have ordained the fall of Jackson knowing full well his talents and courage might have severed the South from the North eternally and our republic was planned with the destiny of being united for some other purpose in the future.

I have a high regard for Southern history and think the cause of states rights were indeed just matters to fight for but in hinesight I also recognize that the Union is stronger as a whole and not as two.

Foreign tyrants might have prevailed on our shores if we split our strengths and resources once and for all.

The CSA was not meant to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back