That topic that brings out the naste

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unoriginalname

Puritan Board Junior
I was curious if others were aware of a topic in theology or just in general that really brings out the nastiest in them when discussing of debating? If so what is it? :detective:

Most of the time when I argue the gospel with my Pentecostal friends it can bring out the ugliest out of both of us.

I guess I should also volunteer my own touchy topics. This idea came from a rather snarky interaction I had with someone over baptism. So baptism is usually not a good topic for me but I should qualify that. I do not do well with conversations where it is assumed I am either Biblically illiterate or a blind traditionalist for holding to paedobaptism, in those cases I merely try to draw blood instead of have an edifying discourse. The other issue I tend to sound like a pompous and condescending snark while discussing is health care.

And sinful hearts have pet issues that sting when someone else challenges them.

I never intended to imply that the topics themselves made us mean. I was just prying to see what topics we found ourselves repeatedly loosing control while we discussed. From this thread yours is clearly when people make ambiguous threads on the puritanboard. ;)

I struggle to loving and gracious when discussing spiritual gifts with charismatics. I tend to go a bit overboard and lump all charismatics in with the charismaniacs and can come across as very harsh. It's an area I've prayed about and tried to grow in, especially since almost everyone in my campus ministry group are charismatic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back