The Case for Cold Water Shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is thread is priceless! I laughed so much it hurt. While I realize this is a serious discussion for you folks, it's hardly what expected to see on the PB. What will you discuss next? :lol:

You will find all kinds of discussion here on PB including “software, computer support questions and other helpful technology matters” as well as “entertainment, recreation and tasteful humor.” And that's just in the general discussion area.

I was shocked to see half a dozen forums dedicated to wet shaving, so one thread out of thousands shouldn’t be all that odd, even for PB.

I use an electric shaver. Norelco, I think. Why would I use anything that could cut me? is it that I can use it right after a shower? (or, as some of you post, during?)

My husband just left the Air National Guard and has vowed to grow his beard all the way out. We shall see ;-)

Honestly, I can't wait until the end of September, the beginning of October, that's when I grow my beard out.

I cold water shaved my head a few days ago..........never again.

My face was fine, but head became a bloody mess.

I use an electric shaver. Norelco, I think. Why would I use anything that could cut me? is it that I can use it right after a shower? (or, as some of you post, during?)

I shave with a blade because there is not an electric out there that can cut my beard without tearing my face to shreds. Plus, they are better for the skin. Regular shaving with a blade is actually good for the skin.

I shave with a blade because there is not an electric out there that can cut my beard without tearing my face to shreds. Plus, they are better for the skin. Regular shaving with a blade is actually good for the skin.
I've never heard of it being good for the skin. Is this one of those 19th century pitches? ;)

No, really, I didn't know that.

I know it's not just me. I don't understand why everyone shaves with razors. They seem more expensive in the long run vs an electric razor, and an electric razor can actually get a good clean shave. What's the issue with them?

Not all faces are the same. When I tried an electric it ripped my face up pretty bad.

Well that's true. With me I get some pretty good facial hair after a few days. As long as I shave it by then I'm good.

If I get lazy and don't shave it, I have a really small facial hair razor. I put the smallest attachment on so it can get the hair to a very short length and then I'm good to use the electric razor.

As far as my cheeks and face it doesn't do anything to hurt that. Feels great. Of course it also does depend on the razor and the person I guess. It works perfect for me though.

...and there is something about the shaving soap, badger and blade that just seems manly. lol

It actually is. If you notice the texture of the skin where men shave, if they shave with a blade, it normally ages less quickly and has better elasticity. This is because in the act of shaving you are effectively getting an exfoliation / microdermabrasion treatment with every shave.

It actually is. If you notice the texture of the skin where men shave, if they shave with a blade, it normally ages less quickly and has better elasticity. This is because in the act of shaving you are effectively getting an exfoliation / microdermabrasion treatment with every shave.

I often liken electric shaving to the systematic mass plucking of the beard, one hair after another... and I don't think that description is that far off.

I often liken electric shaving to the systematic mass plucking of the beard, one hair after another... and I don't think that description is that far off.

You got that right!

For that you need to borrow someone's epilator :)

Interesting, never knew that. Lawrence, do you use witch hazel? If so is it the unscented or Thayers? I love the stuff.

I have the unscented Dickinson's brand from Target. It cost me under $3 bucks for a good size bottle. My wife has been using it as a face wash before bed and she loves how it tightens the pours while gently cleaning. It's good for weepers as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back