The Truth Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seb

Puritan Board Junior
Our Wednesday night church study group is going through a course named “The Truth Project”.

We just finished lesson six on science last night, and I have to say, I think it’s one of the most valuable group studies I’ve ever seen, and I’m shocked that no one seems to have heard of. I’ve searched the PB and can’t find any posts related to it.

It’s (surprisingly) produced by Focus on the Family. I say surprisingly because I’m not used to seeing this kind of depth and thought in material that come from FotF. Usually their stuff is an inch deep and a mile wide. But I’m really impressed with this series and would highly recommend it for any home or small group type setting.

It’s a DVD based series that clarifies, teaches, and defends the Christian worldview in almost all areas of life. It has commentaries, interviews, and snippets, created just for series, from brothers like Rravi Zacharia , R C Sproul, Os Guiness, and others. The host / “professor” for the series is Del Tackett.

The lesson titles:

What is Truth?
Philosophy and Ethics: Says Who?
Anthropology: Who is Man?
Theology: Who is God?
Science: What is True?
History: Whose Story?
Sociology: The Divine Imprint
Unio Mystica: Am I Alone?
The State: Whose Law?
The American Experiment: Stepping Stones
Labor: Created to Create
Community and Involvement: God Cares, do I?

At the beginning of the first lesson the question was presented “What is the definition of truth?” Last night's lesson looked at the problems and errors with the Evolutionist's view of the origin of life and dis-assembled their so called logic.

Sorry, I don’t mean to sound like a commercial for this, but as an everyday layman, I’m very impressed with this series. I’d like to see FotF encouraged to do more projects like this.

Is it just me or has anyone else here seen anything about this?

John 1:46 Can there any good thing come out of Nazareth?

:lol:

I'd be thrilled if FOTF came out with something useful.

John 1:46 Can there any good thing come out of Nazareth?

:lol:

I'd be thrilled if FOTF came out with something useful.

I think you'd be pleasantly surprised, I sure was!

It seems to be a good intro to Christian philosophy and critical thinking.

If that course contents floats your boat, check out Herbert Schlossberg's Idols for Destruction. It covers history, science, economics, politics, religion etc. from a Christian Worldview. By far one of the best books I've ever read as well as the most intellectually rigorous and transformative. If there were only one "worldview" book that I could recommend it would be this one.

Amazon.com: Idols for Destruction: The Conflict of Christian Faith and American Culture: Books: Herbert Schlossberg,Charles Colson,Robert H. Bork

My fiance went through this series at a friend's church on Wednesday nights and said she really liked it and learned from it. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back