The Venerable Snack

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrozenChosen

Puritan Board Freshman
Having returned home from college, lately I've enjoyed having a kitchen about the size of my dorm room in the house. I can cook up so many different snacks for late night reading it's pretty amazing.

So when you get hungry and it's late, what do you go for?

Some of my favorites:

Sprinkle Shredded Cheese on some Triscuits and nuke for 30 seconds for a cheesy, warm snack.

Pour ranch dressing on a bagel and broil for a couple minutes.

Anything with Peanut Butter.

Good old ice cream.

What are your snacks of choice?
 
Ice cream

Vanilla with microwaved hot fudge
Good old fashioned fruit - bananas, peaches, granny smith apples
Ranch dressing and bagels? I got both at home. I'll try it.
 
[quote:bf7d6e0ed6][i:bf7d6e0ed6]Originally posted by Gregg[/i:bf7d6e0ed6]
Peanut butter crackers and a tall glass of water:D [/quote:bf7d6e0ed6]

Ew, I'd rather have milk than water. Water is like the complete opposite of peanut butter. It's thin, and peanut butter is thick. Milk meets the thickness requirement, and is still a liquid. And a tasty liquid.

But fine, man, I can respect your views. It's all relative right?
 
Anything under 150 calories. :lol:

Preferably a cup of hot cocoa.

But the things I dream about...
Oreos with a tall glass of cold milk.
Breyers Rocky Road ice cream.
Vanilla ice cream with hershey's syrup.
Black Cherry Ice Cream.
Glass of chocolate milk.
Nacho chips and melted American cheese
Leftover pizza
Turkey Sandwhich
Hot air Popcorn smothered in real butter and lightly salted
Chocolate chip Cookies warmed until gooey

:sniff: 150 calories really isn't very much.

[Edited on 5-15-2004 by ChristianasJourney]
 
[quote:5248e753a9][i:5248e753a9]Originally posted by ChristianasJourney[/i:5248e753a9]
Anything under 150 calories. :lol:

Preferably a cup of hot cocoa.

But the things I dream about...
Oreos with a tall glass of cold milk.
Breyers Rocky Road ice cream.
Vanilla ice cream with hershey's syrup.
Black Cherry Ice Cream.
Glass of chocolate milk.
Nacho chips and melted American cheese
Leftover pizza
Turkey Sandwhich
Hot air Popcorn smothered in real butter and lightly salted
Chocolate chip Cookies warmed until gooey

:sniff: 150 calories really isn't very much.

[Edited on 5-15-2004 by ChristianasJourney] [/quote:5248e753a9]

Everything sounds good (except for the nachos).
 
[quote:ffba7a186e][i:ffba7a186e]Originally posted by Paul manata[/i:ffba7a186e]
[quote:ffba7a186e][i:ffba7a186e]Originally posted by Gregg[/i:ffba7a186e]
Paul, are you anywhere near MCRD San Diego? [/quote:ffba7a186e]

About 30 minutes away. I used to work there a while ago. why? [/quote:ffba7a186e]

Just Curious. I was stationed at MCAS El Toro for awhile in 1981. A lot of guys went through boot camp at MCRD San Diego.
 
Oreo Eating Champ

In 1993 I won and have kept the title "Oreo Eating Champion" at The Criswell College. At our spring school picnic, I took part in an Oreo eating contest. We had 4 minutes to eat as many as we could. We could use milk (or any drink of choice) so I had filled a Big Gulp cup with milk and dunked the cookies 3 at a time and then slurped them down.

At the end of 4 minutes the second place winner had downed 22 Oreos.

The record?

I ate [b:8c6dbe7413]38 Oreos[/b:8c6dbe7413] in 4 minutes. That is 2 cookies short of a pound and a half package, and they were in the milk when the timer went off.

I LOVE Oreos, but did not eat a single one for about 6 months after that!

Phillip

Look - a chocolate horse - :deadhorse: - mmmmmmm
 
Take a --GOOD--- quality Salami and slice it into thin slices. Place between paper towels and nuke for about a minute.

They come out crispy like pringles. Top with swiss cheese on some.

Spam works fairly well for this as well.

Not approved by the American Heart Association

[Edited on 5-15-2004 by A_Wild_Boar]
 
[quote:c63ba05276][i:c63ba05276]Originally posted by A_Wild_Boar[/i:c63ba05276]
Take a [b:c63ba05276]god quality[/b:c63ba05276] Salami and slice it into thin slices. Place between paper towels and nuke for about a minute.
[/quote:c63ba05276]

Pure gold.
 
Fried cicadas..........just kiddin'!

Nothin' like some good, cold SHRIMP with cocktail sauce!
Chips 'n' salsa
French Toast Pop-Tarts
S'mores candy bar (tastes just like 'em!)
Donatos Pizza (Founder's Favorite!)
Any ice cream I can possibly get my hands on! (Graeter's!)
Kettle Chips (especially the kind with cracked pepper!)
Reese's Pieces (my addiction!)
Corned beef
Anything with Thousand Island dressing!
Mandarin oranges
BRATWURST! (especially beer brats!)

Aren't you all so proud of me for always stickin' to the healthy stuff?

In Christ,

Chris
 
[quote:fe037be4ff][i:fe037be4ff]Originally posted by FrozenChosen[/i:fe037be4ff]
[quote:fe037be4ff][i:fe037be4ff]Originally posted by A_Wild_Boar[/i:fe037be4ff]
Take a [b:fe037be4ff]god quality[/b:fe037be4ff] Salami and slice it into thin slices. Place between paper towels and nuke for about a minute.
[/quote:fe037be4ff]

Pure gold. [/quote:fe037be4ff]

:gpl: :bs2: oops
 
Anything with Cheese or chocalate.

Chocolate Ice cream or frozen custard
Chocolate chip mint ice cream.
Anything with Dark chocolate! :thumbup:
Cheese Its or Nips
Goldfish
Crackers with Cheese or peanut butter.
Nachos with lots of cheese, and I mean lots of cheeeeese.
Oh, and the good ole mixed nuts. Can't forget those.
 
[quote:60e6ea8c63]I ate 38 Oreos in 4 minutes. That is 2 cookies short of a pound and a half package, and they were in the milk when the timer went off. [/quote:60e6ea8c63]

I think I'm gonna throw up. I couldn't eat thirty-eight Oreos in thirty-eight hours.

Garlic bagel crisps topped with Havarty cheese. Or Snackwell's Cracked Pepper Crackers topped with NY sharp cheese.

Now I'm hungry.
 
[quote:5d6df14111][i:5d6df14111]Originally posted by puritansailor[/i:5d6df14111]
Anything with Cheese or chocalate.

Chocolate Ice cream or frozen custard
Chocolate chip mint ice cream.
Anything with Dark chocolate! :thumbup:
Cheese Its or Nips
Goldfish
Crackers with Cheese or peanut butter.
Nachos with lots of cheese, and I mean lots of cheeeeese.
Oh, and the good ole mixed nuts. Can't forget those. [/quote:5d6df14111]

Has anyone had frozen custard? Wow!!!!
Pat, shop or brand of choice?
 
Check these out:

Chocolate pop tarts, toasted, then put some quality vanilla ice cream with it! (and a glass of milk) :thumbup:

Chocolate muffins from the bakery, heat for 45 sec. in microwave, then put some quality vanilla ice cream with it! (and a glass of milk) :thumbup::thumbup:

Ice cream with a little bit of whipped cream :bs2:

Banana, ice cream, hot fudge, whipped cream! I invented this; I'm calling it "The banana split!" :banana:

Healthy Choice:
Ritz crackers topped with cheddar cheese
 
[quote:b47809bcb0][i:b47809bcb0]Originally posted by pastorway[/i:b47809bcb0]
In 1993 I won and have kept the title "Oreo Eating Champion" at The Criswell College.
The record?

I ate [b:b47809bcb0]38 Oreos[/b:b47809bcb0] in 4 minutes. That is 2 cookies short of a pound and a half package, and they were in the milk when the timer went off.

I LOVE Oreos, but did not eat a single one for about 6 months after that!

Phillip

[/quote:b47809bcb0]

Wow! To think that we have such celebrities among us. :banana:

[Edited on 5-15-2004 by ChristianasJourney]
 
[quote:545e76d688][i:545e76d688]Originally posted by Scott Bushey[/i:545e76d688]
Has anyone had frozen custard? Wow!!!!
[/quote:545e76d688]


Scott have you tried that new place on Atlantic Blvd? Cant remember the name though. Its a frozen custard place, I may try it.

[Edited on 5-15-2004 by A_Wild_Boar]
 
[b:8eadf40572]Pastor Way wrote:[/b:8eadf40572]
In 1993 I won and have kept the title "Oreo Eating Champion" at The Criswell College. The record? I ate 38 Oreos in 4 minutes. That is 2 cookies short of a pound and a half package, and they were in the milk when the timer went off.

Wow! Please tell me that you captured that on video. I'd love to see it!
:lol:
(BTW. Quite a while ago, aren't you the one who shared your most embarrassing experience behind the pulpit - letting out a grand old belch as you started preaching? Can't help but wonder what you had for breakfast that morning as you ran out the door to church)

Bob
 
[quote:9d02788d7c][i:9d02788d7c]Originally posted by blhowes[/i:9d02788d7c]
[b:9d02788d7c]Pastor Way wrote:[/b:9d02788d7c]
In 1993 I won and have kept the title "Oreo Eating Champion" at The Criswell College. The record? I ate 38 Oreos in 4 minutes. That is 2 cookies short of a pound and a half package, and they were in the milk when the timer went off.

Wow! Please tell me that you captured that on video. I'd love to see it!
:lol:
(BTW. Quite a while ago, aren't you the one who shared your most embarrassing experience behind the pulpit - letting out a grand old belch as you started preaching? Can't help but wonder what you had for breakfast that morning as you ran out the door to church)

Bob [/quote:9d02788d7c]

hehehe

no video....and the belch was after drinking a Dr. Pepper just before preaching at a church picnic celebration. We ate then had the service on a Wed night.

No more carbonated drinks before preaching for me....I stay away from them all day Sunday!

PW :bs2:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top