This is why you "keep receipts." EEBO-TCP New Website, Supposed New Restrictions.

davejonescue

Puritan Board Junior
Thats why it is good to keep proof, or as they say "receipts."

EEBO-TCP with their new website, with a random Phase-II work.

permission phase II.jpg

Below picture: EEBO-TCP when the project was completed, possibly before people started doing stuff with it? Of all people they should know that once something is released into the Public Domain, it can no longer be copyrighted. They even release (or used to release) their entire Corpus for bulk download. I really do not know what they are thinking, but thank you Jesus he directed Project Puritas to happen beforehand. I dont know if it would have been as possible with the way the site is set up now. Again, we have proof. And I don't feel a shred of guilt continuing to use them.

ttiioo.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alternatively, this may be a residue from a time when it was restricted, as there is conflicting permissions even on the new website. Like below.

permission.jpg
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit. 4/30/24 9:37pm TX Time.

I had previously reached out via email to possibly get more info on the issue. A gentleman promptly responded with the following message assuring us all that the texts are still restriction free, and public domain. Thank you Jesus.

permission email.jpg

Last edited:
Back