Vacation Hot Spots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arch2k

Puritan Board Graduate
As many of you know, I am recently engaged to be married, and I hope to set a date in May real soon. As I try to get everything planned, I also need to consider where I want to honeymoon.

We are looking for an exotic vacation, somewhere tropical. Some friends have used an all-inclusive vacation like Sandals, but I don't want to limit my options.

We probably won't be able to take a vacation of this magnitude for a very long time, so we want to make our $$ count.

So where have you PB'ers honeymooned? Any recommendations?
 
Jeff,
Are you looking to go to a warm climate? I have a friend who owns a townhouse in the White Mountains of New Hampshire. ! week for about $400. The connecting towns are fun; North Conway, Ashland, Manchester. Close to Boston where you can visit the Quincy Market!

Other than that, the weather here in south Florida is great and you could visit our church!
 
Thanks Scott,

I think we're looking to get out of the country (although Hawaii is a consideration). Yes, tropical, and warm.....beaches, coconuts...that kind of thing.

Our best friends just got back from Jamaica and loved it, but right now, toward the top of the list is St. Lucia, Hawaii. I would LOVE to go to Fiji or Tahiti, but it is way too much $$.

Although, we have talked about wanting to visit Florida so we could stop by your new church! I listen to Matt's sermons every week....and it would be very cool to meet you all.

Maybe someday! :banana::banana:
 
My choice would be Cape Cod Massachussets. Many nice little seaside restarants, villages, beaches (although it will be a little cool in May).

(Not necessary to leave the country to have a nice time.)

Such a nice place that Patti Page had a hit record singing about it.
_________________________________________

Patti Page - Old cape cod

If you're fond of sand dunes and salty air
Quaint little villages here and there
(You're sure)You're sure to fall in love with old Cape Cod
(Cape Cod, that old Cape Cod)

If you like the taste of a lobster stew
Served by a window with an ocean view
(You're sure)You're sure to fall in love with old Cape Cod

Winding roads that seem to beckon you
Miles of green beneath a sky of blue
Church bells chimin' on a Sunday morn
Remind you of the town where you were born

If you spend an evening you'll want to stay
Watching the moonlight on Cape Cod Bay
You're sure to fall in love with old Cape Cod

(aah, aah)

If you spend an evening you'll want to stay (on Cape Cod Bay)
Watching the moonlight on Cape Cod Bay
You're sure to fall in love with old Cape Cod
You're sure to fall in love
You're sure to fall in love with old Cape Cod

http://lirama.net/song/17062



[Edited on 1-25-2006 by Gregg]
 
Finland at the height of Summer (mid July near the artic circle). 23 hours of daylight (fading to a gentle twilight around midnight), Sauna at 1:00am, meadows of golden grass next to lakes of pure blue water with rocky islands. Suomi in the summer can't be beat!

Anne and I did 2 weeks of this when we married in 1997. For our 10th anniversary in 2007 we plan to do it again!

[Edited on 1-25-2006 by BrianBowman]
 
I vote Hawaii...take it from one who spent early childhood on an island (Guam). If I ever have that kind of money, my entire family is going!
 
Originally posted by LadyFlynt
I vote Hawaii...take it from one who spent early childhood on an island (Guam). If I ever have that kind of money, my entire family is going!

I'll go too!! Just put me in a big suitcase.
 
Originally posted by BrianBowman
Finland at the height of Summer (mid July near the artic circle). 23 hours of daylight (fading to a gentle twilight around midnight), Sauna at 1:00am, meadows of golden grass next to lakes of pure blue water with rocky islands. Suomi in the summer can't be beat!

Anne and I did 2 weeks of this when we married in 1997. For our 10th anniversary in 2007 we plan to do it again!

[Edited on 1-25-2006 by BrianBowman]

Sounds awesome, but with it never getting dark I would NEVER sleep, I hardly do now!
 
Right now, top 3:

St. Lucia (or similar Caribbeanisland)

St%20Lucia%20Holiday.jpg


Hawaii

beach.jpg


Tahiti (or Cook Islands)

bobpearlbchext.JPG


I am leaning toward the Caribbeanor Cook Islands, because Hawaii (although EXTREMELY nice) can be crowded, and much like a u.s. city in many spots. The Caribbean or the Cook Islands are much more secluded, which is a big factor for me. The Cook Islands would definately be more expensive, but I may never be able to take a trip of this magnitude either.

Still researching. Thanks for all the input everyone, and if you think of any other recommendations, please post them!
 
man, those places look beautiful. I suggest you choose carefully, because after marriage and kids, no more vacations like that, unless you and Benny Hinn, Creflo Dollar and Kenneth Copeland become friends.
 
Originally posted by Slippery
man, those places look beautiful. I suggest you choose carefully, because after marriage and kids, no more vacations like that, unless you and Benny Hinn, Creflo Dollar and Kenneth Copeland become friends.


:lol::lol::lol::lol:
 
Originally posted by LawrenceU
Skye.

Not a place I'd like to vacation but as conservative presbyterian it looks like a very attractive place to live. Do a search on "Skye" in any online British newspaper, you'll probably get results on toursim and stories about how the moralistic "Wee Frees" oppressively control the island.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top