Was Jonathan Edwards Reformed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Seth,

Jeff isn't saying that JE wasn't Reformed, but he is asking an important question. He does make a distinction between "narrowly" and "broadly." Jeff's post is worth reading.

Hi Seth,

Jeff isn't saying that JE wasn't Reformed, but he is asking an important question. He does make a distinction between "narrowly" and "broadly." Jeff's post is worth reading.

Certainly worth reading, and discussing in my opinion. :)

I suppose it's a question of just how "narrowly" we define "Reformed." Must one be Presbyterian to be Reformed? Historically, the answer is no. But, if we define reformed as "holding to the WCF", then it has to be yes. It's just a shame how many get left out of being "reformed" if that is how narrowly we define the term.

Of corse

Of corse Im reformed, how could I not be. Have you not read my wounderful treatise on "Sinners in the hands of an angry God"?

If someone will explain to me how to post a new thread (I go away away and someone changed the locks eh?) I'll post cover art and link for a new book that explores this question in some depth.

If someone will explain to me how to post a new thread (I go away away and someone changed the locks eh?) I'll post cover art and link for a new book that explores this question in some depth.

Dr. Clark,

I sent you a PM with directions. Hope it helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back