What Browser Do You Use?

From Wence Browser Do You View the PB?

  • Firefox

    Votes: 42 48.3%
  • Chrome

    Votes: 18 20.7%
  • I Use a Mac

    Votes: 13 14.9%
  • IE

    Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Opera

    Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Other

    Votes: 5 5.7%

  • Total voters
    87
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been using Firefox but just downloaded Chrome today and started using it for the first time. I love it so far. :up:
 
I'm noticing a problem with Opera: When I come to the Puritan Board and click the little button to jump to the last post in a thread, it doesn't work; just goes to the start of that thread.
 
I'm noticing a problem with Opera: When I come to the Puritan Board and click the little button to jump to the last post in a thread, it doesn't work; just goes to the start of that thread.

I thought that was happening with Opera as well, but recently noticed my cursor was "busy" as if the loading wasn't done. So I waited a few seconds, then watched it jump to the last post. Perhaps Opera just goes through an extra step {starting at the first entry} and then makes the jump {to the last entry}.
 
It seems that Chrome (for Windows) is still Beta. Any idea when it will go gold or GA (General Availability) to the public?
 
4 days in with Google Chrome....really surprised at how much better I like it. I chose Firefox in the poll above. Too bad I can't switch.
 
I installed Chrome also 4 days ago. 4.0.249.78 beta (36714). This version accepts plugins/addons/extensions. There aren't as many as Firefox, but you can get AdblockPlus which is great. I'm not ready to desert the latest FF 3.6 which is faster than 3.5, but I do like Chrome. I like it much better than Opera or Safari for Windows as a second browser.
 
Chrome is very simple, smooth, fast, and intuitive. I only need some time to tell how *safe* it is. Firefox was great at keeping all sorts of dangerous nonsense from sneaking through...
 
I wish I could change. I originally used Firefox exclusively because of the extension capabilities. I used XMarks to sync my bookmarks across all of my computers. No matter which of my four various computers I used, a site bookmarked on one made its way to the others. I also liked AdBlock, as others have said. With Chrome's recent implementation of extensions, I can now say that I use Chrome exclusively on my laptop. It's SO MUCH FASTER. This is a note I wrote on my Facebook profile.

Dear Firefox...I've been seeing a new browser lately...

I thought you should know, I've been using Chrome for the last couple days. It's not that I don't really enjoy the time we spend together, I do. It's just that...well...lately it seems you've really gained some pounds. You're not as slim and sleek as you used to be. You still look great, don't get me wrong. You just...well, it's like you can't keep up with my computing anymore.

You used to be a lot faster than any other browser out there. I gave you a quick call, and BAM!, you were right there. I could finally experience the Internet without worrying about pop up ads, installing ActiveX controls, and the like. We had some really great times, didn't we? It seemed for a long time that I kept comparing you to my old browser, Internet Explorer, and you just surpassed it in every single way.

But when I started introducing you to some of my new friends, like Facebook, you really stopped responding to me....literally.....for like 10-15 minutes. Firefox, it's not that I don't still like you as an Open Source alternative to the old days of Internet Explorer.

But I don't just have Internet Explorer to compare you to anymore. I realized that there are a lot of fish in the sea. I remember when I first met Chrome. It just couldn't compare to you. With you, I could synchronize my bookmarks across multiple computers, I could use AdBlock to avoid annoying banner ads...you just offered so much more. But it seems like Chrome has been working on itself lately. I have extensions with Chrome now. In fact, there's nothing you can do that it can't do better, faster.

I'd love to come back to you someday...and we'll always have 2009. No one can take that away from us.

I just feel you should know...it's not you...it's me. Ok, it's you.

Warm Regards, Chris.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top