I have really profited from the board, and it has been good to see other people profit from it, too. It's really wonderful to know that when I need help, there are people here with the knowledge and experience to answer my questions. I have sometimes contacted the moderators with questions, and I think they deserve special mention for being so great at caring about the people on the board, and giving their time to help us when we need them.
I do stay out of CT: not because I don't think I could learn anything, but because I'd rather learn it in a setting where I do not have to "get past" a person's way of stating something to get the good of what they're stating. It's hard enough, given our nature, to be without prejudice in favor of our own views: I do not find it helpful to add that to the mix.
Having said that, everyone who has personally interacted with me in CT has always been very gracious to me, even though I am a woman and know much less than many of you.
But my main reason for adding this post so late in the thread is that I'd like to highlight what Ruben said: that his major concern was the tendency to be less careful of those we consider "weak" in some area than we are commanded to be. Even some of the remarks about being too "thin-skinned" reflect this attitude. This was my major-- disillusionment-- when I first visited the site, and it is the major thing that has really consistently bothered me. The Bible makes it so clear that what strength we have is not to be consumed on ourselves, but to "bear the infirmities of the weak." Our strengths are for other's weaknesses: this is part of the realization of being the Body of Christ. And truthfully, sometimes (as I think Philip A. pointed out) some of the things we perceive as "strengths" may be less Christ-like than some of the things we perceive as "weakness". So this cuts both ways: for instance I, as probably a more sensitive person (thin-skinned

, ought to use my strength of sensitivity not to think evil of those who aren't very sensitive to the "sheep", but to try to be so gracious in my posts that those who interact with me will find it easier to be gracious, too (you know, JohnV is a classic example of a person who consistently does this-- not to imply you're thin-skinned, though

.
I guess it's trite but true that almost every personality trait we or another person has has both a strong side and a weak side. Writing another person off for the weak side is really abusing our own strong side, and losing a chance to help them develop theirs.