What do we mean when we talk of Christ's return?

Status
Not open for further replies.

etexas

Puritan Board Doctor
A recent thread, made me start thinking about this, Our Lord, spoke of a physical return, and in context it sems to imply a literal return in Glory where He, ovecomes wickedness and evil, but I confess, after this I get lost amoung all the views of what and when! I am just a Bible reader...not a Theologian, I read and try to live up to the things can grasp.....but all the end-times things...I admit I get really confused? So, what say ye....what of the return of Christ?:book2:

A recent thread, made me start thinking about this, Our Lord, spoke of a physical return, and in context it sems to imply a literal return in Glory where He, ovecomes wickedness and evil, but I confess, after this I get lost amoung all the views of what and when! I am just a Bible reader...not a Theologian, I read and try to live up to the things can grasp.....but all the end-times things...I admit I get really confused? So, what say ye....what of the return of Christ?:book2:

Regardless of your eschatology, I think we all can agree that his retun will be physical, obvious to all the world, glorious, and definitive. As you say, a literal return in Glory, not a vision nor a dream. And it will be obvious that he is King.

Regardless of your eschatology, I think we all can agree that his retun will be physical, obvious to all the world, glorious, and definitive. As you say, a literal return in Glory, not a vision nor a dream. And it will be obvious that he is King.
I am glad to hear you say you also agree that it is a literal physical return.....this is how Christ expressed it (as literal) as did Paul and Saint John. I was scared people were going to think me foolish for thinking it to be such.:pilgrim:

Last edited:

Well said dear brother! :amen:

I think part of my confusion might also come from some neo-orthodox views I was exposed to long ago....it runs like this (forgive me because I am only going to give a "nutshell" summary: The Church is the Body of Christ(ok, well that much is Biblical)...here is where they take it...the Church overcomes, and the Church ushers in the Kingdom, the coming of Christ spoken of in scripture is the allegory of this. In fairness some who call themelves neo-orthodox do not take this view, but this is an expression of one of the schools of thought to which I was exposed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back