What happened to RTS on ItunesU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KMK

Administrator
Staff member
From a closed thread:

Free Online Seminary Courses from RTS in .mp3 format
(We've featured a couple of these at a time before and Jacob Aitken pointed out to me last night that even more were added, so I thought it would be a good idea to post a comprehensive list here with directions)

Exciting Times! RTS (Reformed Theological Seminary) has just released 18 courses online for free. They are all .mp3 files that can be downloaded from iTunes. Professors from the Charlotte, Orlando, and Jackson campuses are all represented below.

The professors below are all faithful, phenomenal men. If you have a desire to go deeper in any of these areas here is your chance. I think it would even be a cool idea if enough people were interested in the same course to start up a casual discussion group working through them a lecture at a time...but that may just be the theological nerd in me coming out.

In order to download these follow the steps below.
1. Be sure you have iTunes installed (yes it's an Apple product...can't win them all)
2. If you don't have it installed, go to: http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/ and follow the steps. If you need help, give me a call and I can help you walk through it.
3. Go to http://www.rts.edu
4. Under the middle portion of the screen that has Courses for Download, click on the "Click for Free Resources" graphic.
5. Under the Launch RTS on iTunes U section, click on the "Click to Launch ITunes" graphic.
6. ITunes will launch and go to the iTunes Store
7. Click on one of the categories (OT, NT, CH, T)
8. Select the course
9. Click on "Get Tracks" at the top and it will begin downloading the whole course.
10. Repeat for every course desired.

Enjoy!

I finished History of Christianity I but cannot download II. Has RTS changed their policy about offering free lectures?

There must be some kind of login proceedure I am not aware of. Perhaps they are not offering them for free anymore since they started that online Masters degree.

Ken,

I had the same problems trying to get in tonight. It looks like a glitch in upgrading their web site.

I was wondering the same thing. I've been going through a few courses and tried to download the next few lectures, but wasnt able to.

The short (4 lecture) "course" on RTS The Clavin I never knew was very interesting to a newly Reformed, err... Reformed person.

I downloaded all of these lectures when they first offered them, if I can get their permission I would be glad to mail them to anyone that asks.

I just got this email reply from Mr. Brandon J. Cozart at RTS:

Ken,

Thanks for the note. There was a problem with the link from the itunes.rts.edu page, but that issue should be resolved now. Try it again and let me know if you still get the same “this page is currently empty” message or not.

I just tried it and it looks like it is working again! I am very thankful that RTS makes these available.

Packer's "History and Theology of the Puritans" is very interesting. I've also found Frame's philosophy class and his apologetics class to be helpful.

Packer's "History and Theology of the Puritans" is very interesting. I've also found Frame's philosophy class and his apologetics class to be helpful.

I just downloaded the Packer history and agree that Frame's classes are good too.

I was wondering, if you've gotten to "The Bible in Puritan Theology - Part 1" - do you have any thoughts on Packer's discussion about Beza and his supralapsarian effects on the Puritans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back