What is my calling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgemmen9

Puritan Board Freshman
I figured I would post and ask for some life advice among some Christian brothers and sisters.

I feel a strong internal call and am continuing seeking an external confirmation from elders, pastors, and teachers through internships. I am two years into seminary (with two to go). I have one internship under my belt with good results. I am considering Air Force or Army Candidacy programs and possible military chaplaincy. I am a single man and I feel that I could serve most effectively this way. Partly because I know myself and I think early in ministry, chaplaincy would allow me to stay in school while working, as well as provide some sound structure for future ministry. I was curious if anyone has been involved in chaplaincy and church ministries and found solid reasons for either field? I am a little uncertain of which way to go because I do not have prior military experience. The life style seems like it matures many men who enter into it and many become pastors later in life. Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back