Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I have taken to reading my Bible with newspaper in hand. Wait, I don't get a newspaper. I have no hope of being able to tell what is happening. I have no chance of properly interpreting Scripture.
Man, I'm glad I was never a dispensationalist.
Not one to stereotype, eh?
Premil and pantrib who sees a future for ethnic Israel and subscribes to Tabletalk, but no newspapers. So much for stereotypes...
Pan-trib... does that mean believers are raptured throughout the tribulation? I've not heard the term pan-trib before.I have taken to reading my Bible with newspaper in hand. Wait, I don't get a newspaper. I have no hope of being able to tell what is happening. I have no chance of properly interpreting Scripture.
Man, I'm glad I was never a dispensationalist.
Not one to stereotype, eh?
Premil and pantrib who sees a future for ethnic Israel and subscribes to Tabletalk, but no newspapers. So much for stereotypes...
hmm, i guess i can't harmonize total depravity and 1,000 years of okey dokieness together...![]()
why so many postmills? ...
Couldn't resist this one...because, here, on the Puritanboard, so many of us read our Bibles.![]()
hmm, i guess i can't harmonize total depravity and 1,000 years of okey dokieness together...![]()
There is no Total Depravity (in the Millennium). We have been "Changed" in the twinkling of an eye...
Historic Pre-Mill. I am just too much of a literalist to take a a-mill position, and since Jesus said things would get worse, I cannot take a post mill position. However, the pre-trib rapture is a work of fantasy.
So I take the safe bet, and side with the majority of the Church for the last 2,000 years...
You guys are ALL too late! Rayford Steele told me that you've been left behind!
![]()

Amil
Who is Nicolaie Carpathia?
So I take the safe bet, and side with the majority of the Church for the last 2,000 years...
I'm tellin' ya folks, everyone's current eschatological position is somewhere before the end.
why so many postmills? ...
Couldn't resist this one...because, here, on the Puritanboard, so many of us read our Bibles.![]()
I believe the Postmillennial view to be correct because it gives a proper view of the relationship of the millennium and current society. Both calvin and Knox had Bible based societies in their day after the Reformation had taken place. and even though a lot of society has fallen away I believe this is because the church is coming under discipline for not preaching the gospel and running after lies. I believe God will bring revival through the preaching of the Gospel by the remnant. all we need to do is get away from the scandalous, unrepentant individuals and let God's judgment come upon them in our society. that means taking our children out of the government school system (if we have them in there), applying God's Law to our families first then to the church, then to society through God's Justice department (AKA the civil magistrate), teaching every area of life according to the Scriptures (that includes creation, the fall, ecclesiology etc...), and continuing to take dominion over the earth. http://www.puritanboard.com/images/smilies/detective.gif
-----Added 5/27/2009 at 12:43:43 EST-----
hmm, i guess i can't harmonize total depravity and 1,000 years of okey dokieness together...![]()
There is no Total Depravity (in the Millennium). We have been "Changed" in the twinkling of an eye...
Historic Pre-Mill. I am just too much of a literalist to take a a-mill position, and since Jesus said things would get worse, I cannot take a post mill position. However, the pre-trib rapture is a work of fantasy.
So I take the safe bet, and side with the majority of the Church for the last 2,000 years...
brother I used to hold a premil position, but now I am a partial preterist postmillennialist because the "bad times" would be right before and during the tribulation. the tribulation as spoken of in daniel 9 was the end of the Old covenant ceremonial age and judgment on the jews for apostasy. after ward the world was getting better suggesting optimistic view. the church has always had its blunders but the world isn't getting worse its getting better but that may be just slowing down for a time until the church repents and continues its mission. if they want a solution to this apostasy of the culture just follow the general equity of the case Laws of the old testament and that problem would be solved.
So I take the safe bet, and side with the majority of the Church for the last 2,000 years...
I'm his. pre-mil as well, but the majority view of the church I think my be al-mil. Correct me please if am wrong.
Augustine was the first to come up with Amillennialism (or more properly, arrange and express the view of Tyconius). In 430, the premillennial position was banned: by this time, though, Christianity was already beginning to be in bondage to the papacy. So, in my opinion, the next 1000 years of Christianity does not count, at least the "official" church, anyway.
Anyway, regardless of how you see it, historic premillennialism was the original, and oldest view.
There were christians during the last 1000 years of the church, so I think it should count. Clement of Alexandria and Origen denied the historic premillennialism position I think and if memory serves there were different variants of the premillennialism position by the church fathers. The rise of the historic premillennialism and popularity as we see it today was a response against the dispensationalism of the late 19 century, even though we can find baptists like John Gil in support of it much earlier. So we must consider the majority view of reformation was Amillennialism historically, from Luther and his denomation to Calvin when making our claim.
I am not saying I disagree with your position on being historical premillennialists, but I do not think we call our position historically the majority view and at the same time look at the church fathers in complete agreement on the issue at hand.
I would have to say that I am sort of a partial-preterist/Amil. I believe most of the prophecy in the NT pertained to the first century audience and Revelation was probably written prior to the destruction of the Temple. I also believe that all of the "Lion with lamb" verses pertain to the time when creation has been restored back to its original glory, after the resurrection.
Augustine was the first to come up with Amillennialism (or more properly, arrange and express the view of Tyconius). In 430, the premillennial position was banned: by this time, though, Christianity was already beginning to be in bondage to the papacy. So, in my opinion, the next 1000 years of Christianity does not count, at least the "official" church, anyway.
Anyway, regardless of how you see it, historic premillennialism was the original, and oldest view.
There were christians during the last 1000 years of the church, so I think it should count.
The Roman Catholic Papists were the ones doing the writing. So what position the "Christians" held, is up for debate.
Augustine was the first to come up with Amillennialism (or more properly, arrange and express the view of Tyconius). In 430, the premillennial position was banned: by this time, though, Christianity was already beginning to be in bondage to the papacy. So, in my opinion, the next 1000 years of Christianity does not count, at least the "official" church, anyway.
Anyway, regardless of how you see it, historic premillennialism was the original, and oldest view.
The Roman Catholic Papists were the ones doing the writing. So what position the "Christians" held, is up for debate.
You cannot blame Rome on this one, and I am most assurely anti-romanist. Amillennialism is the dominat view taken not just by the West(Rome), but also the East with the Eastern Orthodox churches( regardless if their Greek, Russian, Syrian, Armenian, and I think also Coptic even though their not techically a part the Eastern Orthodox Churches).
In fact this view of church history, if you were to be consistent negelecting the next 1000 years of the church and their theology as whole, would lead you to hold a Alexandrian text- type codex or proto version there of versuses the Byzantine text type. Thus affecting the TR and to some degree The NA27. I am just showing how your view of church history also affects are theology and transmission of the Bible that we have today. Therefore let us not be blaming Rome for the Amillennialism posistion and instead bring up our evidence biblically for the case there of for historic premillennialism. We must be careful how we use history becaue the premillennialism of our church fathers did vary, so we cannot just go back and claim a standard universal position; assuming we want to be true to the truth that we proclaim.
What's your eschatological position?
That sounds like what I believe.
I would have voted "a-mil" but what is partial-preterist???
I know it is still possible, but the three and a half good years followed by three and a half bad years, then Christ returning and taking the believers but leaving the unbelievers and giving them 1000 years to come to him sounds very science-fictiony to me. (Maybe because it has become so in our culture, so I am not saying that this means it can't be true.)
I also wonder about it taking people 1000 years to come to Christ when God predestines them. It certainly could best glorify him to take 1000 years, but it doesn't make sense in my little head. Perhaps all I know of the position is hearsay of Nostradamus from standing in the grocery store check-out line too long, and I don't really understand the position.