Which Church Father are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
St. Melito of Sardis!

You have a great love of history and liturgy. You’re attached to the traditions of the ancients, yet you recognize that the old world — great as it was — is passing away. You are loyal to the customs of your family, though you do not hesitate to call family members to account for their sins.

I got Justin Martyr, but I think it was rigged.

big surprise. me too.

You have a positive and hopeful attitude toward the world. You think that nature, history, and even the pagan philosophers were often guided by God in preparation for the Advent of the Christ. You find “seeds of the Word” in unexpected places. You’re patient and willing to explain the faith to unbelievers.

You’re Tertullian!

You possess many gifts, but patience isn’t one of them. You’re tough on yourself — and on others. You’re independent, too, and you don’t like to be told what to do. You wish the Church would be a little tighter in discipline. As for the pagans, you’ve pretty much written them off. Sometimes you think the Church would be a better place if you were in charge.

Find out which Church Father you are at The Way of the Fathers!

Oddly enough, I identify with much of that description.

You’re Tertullian!

You possess many gifts, but patience isn’t one of them. You’re tough on yourself — and on others. You’re independent, too, and you don’t like to be told what to do. You wish the Church would be a little tighter in discipline. As for the pagans, you’ve pretty much written them off. Sometimes you think the Church would be a better place if you were in charge.

Find out which Church Father you are at The Way of the Fathers!

Oddly enough, I identify with much of that description.
I think you'd match this one as well:

You are breathing, internet user, inclined toward reformational thought!
How did I do it? Elementry my dear Watson, broad obvious statements work wonders.;)

I got Origen. I think the answers to the questions are mostly absurd, though.

These types of "quizes" are never done well, it seems.

Need a female one...but anywhooo...

You are St. Melito of Sardis!

You have a great love of history and liturgy. You’re attached to the traditions of the ancients, yet you recognize that the old world — great as it was — is passing away. You are loyal to the customs of your family, though you do not hesitate to call family members to account for their sins.

Yep, sounds like me and all my faults.

I'm St. Jerome.

You’re a passionate Christian, fiercely devoted to Jesus Christ and his Church. You are willing to labor long hours in the Lord’s vineyard, and you have little patience with those who are less willing or able to work as you do. Your passions often carry you into temptation zones of wrath, lust, and pride.

:think:

final_tertullian.png
You are Tertullian!

Never heard of him!

You’re St. Melito of Sardis!

Okay, women of the church or women of the Bible (you know what I meant...starts muttering about being picked on and goes in search of an appropriate quiz).

final_origen.png

You are Origen!

You do nothing by half-measures. If you’re going to read the Bible, you want to read it in the original languages. If you’re going to teach, you’re going to reach as many souls as possible, through a proliferation of lectures and books. If you’re a guy and you’re going to fight for purity … well, you’d better hide the kitchen shears.

:candle:

If I say I don't celebrate my birthday then I get Melito.

final_melito.png

You are St. Melito of Sardis!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back