Which Journals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

J.L. Allen

Puritan Board Sophomore
Folks,

I'm looking for recommendations for theological journals, quarterlies, and magazines. It is a must that they are physical publications, for I'm not so keen on electronic reading. I might not subscribe to them before leaving seminary because they are available for free through at the library at MARS. However, I do want to have a handful of journals and other publications in mind. It goes without saying, but I will subscribe to the Mid-America Reformed Seminary journal.

I'm sure you know about The Confessional Presbyterian journal? published by our own Chris Coldwell... https://www.cpjournal.com/
It's a yearly publication.
Folks,

I'm looking for recommendations for theological journals, quarterlies, and magazines. It is a must that they are physical publications, for I'm not so keen on electronic reading. I might not subscribe to them before leaving seminary because they are available for free through at the library at MARS. However, I do want to have a handful of journals and other publications in mind. It goes without saying, but I will subscribe to the Mid-America Reformed Seminary journal.

You can look at what we've been about the last 16 years; full run should be in the MARS library. Dr. Strange is one of the editors the last few years and a contributor now and then.

You can look at what we've been about the last 16 years; full run should be in the MARS library. Dr. Strange is one of the editors the last few years and a contributor now and then.
I failed to mention it, but yes! The Confessional Presbyterian will be second on that list. It's a beautiful publication, and I'm quite happy to have it at my fingertips in the library.

I have received the below at various times:
  • Westminster Theological Journal
  • Puritan Reformed Journal (PRTS)
  • Banner of Truth
  • TableTalk (Ligonier)
  • The Standard Bearer (Reformed Free Publishing Association)
  • Modern Reformation (White Horse Inn)
  • Current (Free Presbyterian Church of North America)
  • The Quarterly Record (Trinitarian Bible Society)
  • The Bible League Quarterly (Bible League Trust)

I have also subscribed on occasion to other free journals, magazines, newsletters from traditions outside my own...mostly of those that have representation in my local area, such as:
  • ONE Magazine (National Association of Free Will Baptists)
  • Anabaptist Voice

Last edited:
World Magazine is a great news resource from a Christian worldview. They also have a podcast called the world and everything in it. I also like Table Talk and do not have any journals but would be interested in hearing from others on recommended journals.

World Magazine is a great news resource from a Christian worldview. They also have a podcast called the world and everything in it. I also like Table Talk and do not have any journals but would be interested in hearing from others on recommended journals.
I second that. It's generally lower case "reformed," and by far the best news source I've found out there. I echo the OP, and I've tried to cut back on sensational electronic articles (ala notthebee.com) and just get my news from a written source.

But I've never gotten another journal, though I've enjoyed Westminster Journal from time to time.

I should look into that one. Marvin Olasky spoke at MARS earlier this year. It was a delightful presentation.

I recommend the following: The Confessional Presbyterian, the MARS journal, the Puritan Reformed Journal, Westminster Theological Journal, and Unio cum Christo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back