Windows 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZackF

Puritan Board Professor
I upgraded to Windows 11 a couple weeks ago. Has anyone discovered any "must know" features? So far, it is not much different to me.

I upgraded to Windows 11 a couple weeks ago. Has anyone discovered any "must know" features? So far, it is not much different to me.

Nothing leaps out at me. All I notice is a different layout of the desktop and taskbar, which I actually kinda like. From what I understand, much of the new features in Windows 11 have to do with integrating your device with all your phones, tablets, and other electronic devices (no thanks!) and having quick access to your favorite things by using widgets (meh, whatever). At least all my programs still work well after the upgrade.

It's a mixed bag for me. I like some things (different desktops) and dislike others (integration of things like MS Teams). Can't say that there is any "must have feature". I do like that you will be able to download Android apps (Amazon App Store). Hopefully that works out to be better integration in the future.

My only beef with it has been solved through research. I cut and paste files or text often. I was really annoyed after right clicking something to see that I had to then click "more options."

But then I learned of the visual icon shortcuts. I've been text-based since MS DOS and have always resented icons, but at least I see how they work.

My only beef with it has been solved through research. I cut and paste files or text often. I was really annoyed after right clicking something to see that I had to then click "more options."

But then I learned of the visual icon shortcuts. I've been text-based since MS DOS and have always resented icons, but at least I see how they work.

You probably already know but...
ctrl + x = cut
ctrl + c = copy
ctrl + v = paste

Some others I use often:
windows + L = lock
windows + E = new explorer window (handy!)
windows + D = minimize all windows and show desktop. Again to bring all windows back.
windows + left/right arrows = snap window to one side of monitor (especially helpful with multiple monitors)
alt + tab = switch windows, useful when window you want is buried behind others

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back