Ya Gotta Stay Flexible About These Things

Status
Not open for further replies.

bookslover

Puritan Board Doctor
A year or two ago, Billy Graham said that the Lord "told" him that he would live to be 95, and then die and go to heaven. Well, he'll be 95 on November 7th. I was reading an article about him just today. His son, Franklin, says that Billy is now telling people he thinks he'll live to be 100.

Messages from God? Hey, ya gotta stay flexible about these things! LOL

If he truly believes that the Lord announced this to him, it must be a weird predicament, "Do I wish for death this year to prove God right, or do I wish for longer life even though this means either God was wrong or I didn't really hear him...or at least hear Him rightly."

There is a line about it in this story: Billy Graham: ‘Final call’ for America to repent

I'm not seeing where he says it in the article...

Is this what you're referring to? "Believing God will allow him to live to 95, famed evangelist Billy Graham is making his 'final call to America to turn to God.' Timed to coincide with his 95th birthday, Graham is calling people in the United States and Canada to repentance as part of the 'My Hope with Billy Graham' evangelistic outreach set for the week of Nov. 7, 2013."

Maybe it shouldn't surprise me if does claim this, but then again, it surprised me that he is now going to speak against easy believism...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back