OK, Chris Coldwell - Ya Got Me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bookslover

Puritan Board Doctor
I got seduced by Reformation Heritage Press's recent sale, and I got some volumes by James Durham: (1) miscellaneous sermons, (2) exposition of the Ten Commandments, (3) exposition of Isaiah 53, and (4) exposition of the Book of Job.

With the money you're going to make from this sale, I hope I get invited to your estate in Hawaii! LOL

I got seduced by Reformation Heritage Press's recent sale, and I got some volumes by James Durham: (1) miscellaneous sermons, (2) exposition of the Ten Commandments, (3) exposition of Isaiah 53, and (4) exposition of the Book of Job.

With the money you're going to make from this sale, I hope I get invited to your estate in Hawaii! LOL
Thanks! Hate to burst your idea of the book business but I doubt it would cover a trip through the Chick-fil-a drive through and no fries.

Last edited:
Which, for the non locals, is not in Highland Park but over on the east side of the lake (as close to HP as they could afford I guess!).

First, a grammer edit:

Which, for the non locals, is was not in Highland Park but over on the east side of the lake (as close to HP as they could afford I guess!). (Victim of the government mandated Corona virus cure. )

At one point, as I recall, they had three locations, the one on Knox being the closest to Highland Park (about a block away, just across the then railroad tracks, now the Katy Trail). Packed on Sundays after church, but closed when the area re-developed. The one in Casa Linda was the last survivor. (Fact check: according to the company website which is still up, they had eight locations before the economic collapse in Dallas 30 years ago). They always seemed to cater to the older crowd.

First, a grammer edit:

Which, for the non locals, is was not in Highland Park but over on the east side of the lake (as close to HP as they could afford I guess!). (Victim of the government mandated Corona virus cure. )

At one point, as I recall, they had three locations, the one on Knox being the closest to Highland Park (about a block away, just across the then railroad tracks, now the Katy Trail). Packed on Sundays after church, but closed when the area re-developed. The one in Casa Linda was the last survivor. (Fact check: according to the company website which is still up, they had eight locations before the economic collapse in Dallas 30 years ago). They always seemed to cater to the older crowd.
Ouch. Can I not just wing it or always be pursued by editing? ;). I didn't realize there were 8 at one time; but been long enough forgotten. I think either Casa Linda or maybe more if not the 8 were taken over by employees when the family, forgetting the name, they lived up the street from me when I was in elementary school, sold out.

Thanks! Hate to burst your idea of the book business but I doubt it would cover a trip through the Chick-fil-a drive through and no fries.

I recently got a statement of my royalties from LUP, which came to just over £170. I am thankful for it and will put it towards the car insurance for next year, but it is another reminder never expect to make a living off writing books.

I recently got a statement of my royalties from LUP, which came to just over £170. I am thankful for it and will put it towards the car insurance for next year, but it is another reminder never expect to make a living off writing books.
Not unless you are a industrious and furious paced writer of texts that sell, or popular author with a "ministry," or maybe come up with that diet book Thinner Thighs while you Sleep and convince folks it works.

or popular author with a "ministry,"

My recollection is that most of them hire ghostwriters to do the actual work. There was a gay guy that did books for Falwell, Bakker, Billy Graham, Pat Robinson and W.A. Criswell. (Mel White)

Mr. Coldwell, I implore you write a thesis on Thinner Thighs while sleeping, or Biblical Perspectives on slim thighs now with Chris.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back