Hello brothers and sisters in Chrirst 
hey -- being frugal, reformed folks with an appreciation for our Scottish heritage (read, basically cheap) you might find this new build of linux interesting --
it's called yellow dog linux and it's designed to run on old powerPC computers -- mainly old g4 macs.
see: http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/resources/downloads.shtml
I've been playing around with it. It installs pretty easy.
I don't have enough linux knowledge to figure out how to install new software or add new hardware.
Any linux users out there?
hey -- being frugal, reformed folks with an appreciation for our Scottish heritage (read, basically cheap) you might find this new build of linux interesting --
it's called yellow dog linux and it's designed to run on old powerPC computers -- mainly old g4 macs.
see: http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/resources/downloads.shtml
I've been playing around with it. It installs pretty easy.
I don't have enough linux knowledge to figure out how to install new software or add new hardware.
Any linux users out there?
got it working! I wasn't able to get the latest version (v.4) to work on my old powermac g4 533 but I was able to get v.3 to work!