Your Favorite Bible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan&Amber2013

Puritan Board Senior
I would like to see what your all-time favorite Bible is. As for me, right now I'm going with the ESV personal reference cloth over board. I love the color, it's portable, it has a slip case to protect it, and my favorite thing is the wide margin away from the gutter. I literally get so bothered when words go down into the gutter of the page. As well, the spine has those neat raised grooves in it. It's on clearance for 14.99 right now.

https://www.christianbook.com/esv-p...6w39zttZIfTexREHhBCScriKMbf219RAaAn2HEALw_wcB

My all-time favorite is my edge-lined goatskin The Reformation Heritage KJV Study Bible that was printed by Jongbloed. I received a copy for my birthday last year and love it. Due to the size of this Bible (it's a monster) I generally only read it at my desk, which limits some of its utility; however, if I could only have one Bible this would be the one! An absolute treasure.

Ken, No it does not. We're looking for leather beauties here!

Ryan, I love my recently purchased Cambridge Clarion KJV. The single column layout is a joy to read. It does, however, suffer from that gutter encroachment that you mentioned. I wish the pages and margins were a bit larger. But it's still my favorite at this time.

My favorite is a Nelson Signature Series NKJV Thinline In calfskin. The leather is like butter in my hands and will lay completely flat, even in the first chapters of Genesis. This Bible is now out of print and copies in good condition regularly sell for $200-$300. Fortunately for me, I picked up mine about 7 years ago for $20 on clearance at Books a Million.

My all-time favorite is my edge-lined goatskin The Reformation Heritage KJV Study Bible that was printed by Jongbloed. I received a copy for my birthday last year and love it. Due to the size of this Bible (it's a monster) I generally only read it at my desk, which limits some of its utility; however, if I could only have one Bible this would be the one! An absolute treasure.
My favorite one is my Ryrie Moraccon leather Nas edition, as was first study bible ever bought after getting saved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back