What is your favorite Bible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That version in Calfskin would be rare from Moody.

Calfskin would indeed be rare. But I think you had posted that it was Morocco. Morocco and Calfskin aren't the same thing. Morocco is more akin to what is usually sold as "Genuine Leather."

As a PSA, Christianbook is running a fantastic "Cyber Monday" sale right now through 12/9. The NKJV I linked in post #2 is about $30 cheaper and available for less than $100 right now. Lots of good deals on dozens of others as well.

Have a joyful Lord's Day everyone!

I saw that. Hopefully I won't spend hours trying to decide which one to get. But I am looking to get at least one of Nelson's Premier collection. I'm looking at their KJV in that series too.

Yes, my newer one is already falling apart, but the old ones were great. Going to eventually get a quality rebinding.

Yes, they really have gone downhill. I think they may have generally continued to have sewn bindings, but that may not even be the case either. The paper has been really bad in recent years, and the red letters are very pinkish.

Calfskin would indeed be rare. But I think you had posted that it was Morocco. Morocco and Calfskin aren't the same thing. Morocco is more akin to what is usually sold as "Genuine Leather."
Many is Morocco, but NKJV were in Calfskin as best leather.

Yes, they really have gone downhill. I think they may have generally continued to have sewn bindings, but that may not even be the case either. The paper has been really bad in recent years, and the red letters are very pinkish.
Kirkbride edition very well done, at least until recently!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back