A good society ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.Joseph

Puritan Board Senior
I’m really seeing (in real time) a pull away from the idea of the depravity of man in a global attempt to reset humanity and even creation itself to some extent.

Almost like a do-over. It almost feels like there’s an attempt to ‘fix’ God’s ‘mistake.’ Like God‘s design is not good enough.

Of course God’s design is tainted by sin (and man is attempting a redesign, no matter the cost). It’s so misguided.

Any thoughts? Isn’t this the perpetual story of man? Isn’t this the Tower of Babel all over again?

I guess God has accounted for (and ordained) this, no?

...Isn’t that what the rejection of Christianity is about? And I’m not saying this from a place of superiority. I’m referring to a heart rejection of our personal depravity, and that our sin, our personal sin, is the problem. My neighbor may have some strange ideas, but my biggest problem is myself.

But it’s amazing where our(humanity’s) rejection of God can take us. Some truly crazy places.

Last edited:
Im curious, in what way is our society attempting to remake creation? What specifically do you have in mind?
I don't know specifically. Maybe what Jacob said. I do know that I keep seeing reference to resets--and not necessarily related to the so-called "Great Reset."

Sure, it's Babel all over again. Or maybe more like Judah before the exile. Pride leads to threats of destruction. Threats of destruction lead to desperate attempts to fix things. She tries alliances and payoffs to no avail. Off to Babylon she goes.

Perhaps this is what we see in store for God's church. It all gets more convoluted until she is chastened and cleansed.

Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

It is called The Great Reset. Look it up.

If we are not allowed to travel or buy or sell without a vaccine, I might consider looking into Dispensationalism again.

"Klaus Schwab, founder and executive chairman of the World Economic Forum, wrote a piece entitled "Now is the time for a 'Great Reset'" in which he elaborates on what the Great Reset would entail: "To achieve a better outcome, the world must act jointly and swiftly to revamp all aspects of our societies and economies, from education to social contracts and working conditions. Every country, from the United States to China, must participate, and every industry, from oil and gas to tech, must be transformed. In short, we need a 'Great Reset' of capitalism."

Personally I believe their goal is population reduction, communism, total control, and the stomping out of Christianity. Add in the transhumanism chips in the brain and altered "improved" DNA and yes OP, they plan to fix the world. You have to admit it needs fixing, but not without the gospel. Postmils also look forward to a time of the nations turning to God and the world dramatically improving, but only in our total surrender to Jesus Christ. I am mostly amil with a bit of postmil, but I'm with Perg on going d.i.s.p.y.....it would be nice to think I'll get raptured out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back